Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 311 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Rock Solid
By Atlanta Renegade

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is bulletproof and surprise me everyday. Bought it 2.5 years ago and never missed a beat. It's built by Hino which is Toyotas truck division, very solid and great smooth 4.0l V6 engine. Ultra low maintenance. I use it to tow my boat and also do some offroading. Great vehicle is you like using your vehicle to do adventure outdoor type of stuff and don't want to worry about damaging something on the vehicle. Do yourself a favor and look underneath one and you'll find that the truck is way overbuilt and great bang for your buck.I enjoy mine and use it everyday

Rubber floors,waterproof seats,reliability and low maintenance

sunroof, 4 full doors would be awesome!

Buying Another Brand New FJ This Week
By zackal

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Living in The Great White North the FJ is an absolute treat in the winter months. Purchased the base model with full time 4wd and 6 speed manual. I have never been stranded or stuck anywhere (common sense it important when playing in any off roader.) On the highway you feel safe as a tank and lots of power to pull out and pass if you know how to properly match the tranny to speeds. I've had 4 Jeep TJs (Wranglers in the USA) and still have one for my kids. The FJ is their favorite to drive over the Jeep except on top down days. I am just about to pick up another FJ, the exact same model, Yellow, base 6 speed. For the money, probably the best value on the road.

Looks, ride comfort and power.

Only issue I have is backing up but using the mirrors is key. Next one won't have such dark tinted back windows.

awesome car, not so awesome fuel economy
By collin

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car, I really like the aux. Input, and the sound system in general, the bass makes my mirrors shake! (I do have the sub-woofer) I love the interior and exterior design, it is classic and unique, also the manual transmission is smooth and fun. Overall, this is a very good car, it is reliable ( I have yet to have any problems after owning it for about 2 years) and fun to drive. I really hate the gas mileage though. I have a rocket box on mine, and I generally get 12-15 miles per gallon in the city, and 19 on the highway. It is absolutely awful to have to fill the tank every 3 days.

sound system, steering wheel controls, interior/exterior design, 3 prong plug in the trunk, parking sonar.

gas mileage! it's terrible, also overall field of vision is pretty bad, i have already backed in to 2 things because the parking sonar didn't go off?

Favorite vehicle ever!
By Big G

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The looks were the first thing that drew me to the vehicle, then I read about the performance, then I drove it and compared it to a Wrangler unlimited. Even though the roof came off the Wrangler and the appeal of a convertible was high, I drive at least 20K a year and have family trips of 2,000+ miles...the Wrangler was like a stagecoach. I just got new tires after 45K and I feel like I can go ANYWHERE. The confidence I have in the FJ will someday get me buried, but it hasn't happened yet. I actually pulled an Esacalade out of the ditch the other day and the owner was simply flabbergasted at the capability. Lots of comments, some snide, mostly in admiration. So what on the blind spots...

EZ clean interior. Sound system is incredible. A-trac will simply amaze. Great ride and fun.

Concave mirrors to improve side vision...blind spots. More leg room in back and sliding front seats with memory for rear acces. AND A BIGGER GAS TANK!

Wow!!!!
By salmon58

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this vehicle. Funnest car I've ever driven. I feel very safe driving it, and I've never had that comfort with a vehicle. Have a son and a dog, no worries over spills, simply wipe out the floor boards with a wet cloth and poof, looks good as new. Love the looks of vehicle also. Like the simpleness of the inside. Big knobs for everything, easy to handle, four wheel drive is easy to use, recommend this vehicle for anyone who likes a smooth driving vehicle with the toughness of any four wheel drive. Drives really good in snow and ice as well as the freeway. Gas mileage is no worse than my xl-7, but I got so much more for my money. For such a tough car, it's a very smooth drive.