Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 214 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Weird steering
By welcomeback?

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2010 Corolla S 2 days ago. Great around town but very disturbing on the highway because it wanders all over. I only test drove the car in town. Now I don't want to use it for a commuter car. I'm wondering if it was damaged in transit or something. It will not track straight!

Lots of airbags, hope I don't need them. Traction control, EBD, abs brakes (rear drums are the sure sign of a poorly made car).

I just discover there is no connection between the steering wheel and the front tires! Please replace steering!

Nice car
By kevin

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car. Needs better interior quality. Compared to 2008 model 2010 le is heavier and slower on highways. Overall good car

Now has Steering Fixed
By Vic Scales

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I HAD the steering problem many complain about. There is a TSB where they fix it by swapping out the steering computer and now the car is GREAT. Before that I thought I had to get rid of it. Now I LOVE the car and have about 17,000 miles on it.

Manual Transmission, S style, Gas Mileage is unbelievably good unless I put bikes on a roof rack. Then it drops 25%. On the highway I get > 40 mpg. Local driving I get 33-34 mpg. In the cold weather local is more like 31.

Angle the clock so you can see it. Change the outside mirror adjuster to the armrest. Put the Cruse controls on the steering wheel (not a stalk).

Deal of the year
By NEPA GUY

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 2010 Toyota corolla still has the stigma of the acc. problem that has been fixed earlier in the year. Which means unheard of deals. I got invoice price plus an additional $2000 off and 0% financing. I got the 2010 corolla s model with almost every option/blue tooth/moonroof. My bottom line was less then 16,000 with tax/tags out the door. As far as the drive. I love it. 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. Who cares. I am not a nascar driver. I never have a problem accelerating up hills nor passing at anytime. I have the 5 speed and it is fun to drive. This is my 3rd corolla. And I am sure will have no problem going 200k plus in miles. Deal of the year. Hurry you have a few months left.

blu-tooth/ moonroof/ telescoping wheel

as of now none for the price I bought this with the features it has what can I complain about.

Steering Fixed ! TSB
By Vic S

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 17,000 miles on the car. At first the STEERING on center wandering was TERRIBLE on long trips over 60mph. Toyota came out with a fix (TSR involved changing the steering computer) and it's now a great car. Before that fix I felt I'd have to get rid of the car! I also own a 2004 Honda Accord and 2008 Honda Accord (both manual transmissions). The Corolla now drives similar to the Accords, which I very much like. The 1.8L engine is nice with the manual transmission. The manual makes it a JOY to drive. It's NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) is far superior to the civic & NO Kiddy Digital Speedometer. The ride is more like my 04 Accord, which is very good.

MPG, Price, Manual Transmission sure helps get up and adds a fun factor, S Trim, NVH for a small low cost car, Ride is good. Best Feature is they fixed the steering (TSB Technical Service Bulletin) concerning on-center-wandering.

Mirror adjustments need to be on armrest where they can be seen. Clock needs to be where it can be seen, Trunk with Spoiler needs a stronger spring. Give me drive by CABLE NOT Wire where the dumb computer interferes with my input. This is an economy car, so I can't complain.