Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Steering Fixed ! TSB
By Vic S

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 17,000 miles on the car. At first the STEERING on center wandering was TERRIBLE on long trips over 60mph. Toyota came out with a fix (TSR involved changing the steering computer) and it's now a great car. Before that fix I felt I'd have to get rid of the car! I also own a 2004 Honda Accord and 2008 Honda Accord (both manual transmissions). The Corolla now drives similar to the Accords, which I very much like. The 1.8L engine is nice with the manual transmission. The manual makes it a JOY to drive. It's NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) is far superior to the civic & NO Kiddy Digital Speedometer. The ride is more like my 04 Accord, which is very good.

MPG, Price, Manual Transmission sure helps get up and adds a fun factor, S Trim, NVH for a small low cost car, Ride is good. Best Feature is they fixed the steering (TSB Technical Service Bulletin) concerning on-center-wandering.

Mirror adjustments need to be on armrest where they can be seen. Clock needs to be where it can be seen, Trunk with Spoiler needs a stronger spring. Give me drive by CABLE NOT Wire where the dumb computer interferes with my input. This is an economy car, so I can't complain.

EPS review
By BTC

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very poor road feel. The EPS needs to be tuned for better handling characteristics.

Fix the EPS!

Nothing's perfect but this car is close
By The Pope

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife just completed a trip and averaged 46 mpg according to the cars display window. a lot more than we thought we would get. Some people on this review page are very hard to please. This is a very nice car, I only have trouble getting into it. I'm not the tallest guy on the block but I have to work on getting into it. Our local dealer is hard to deal with, so went out of town. he is always telling me he pays the same as the other dealers, but I have to remind him he doesn't sell as low as the other dealers. We like the car, fun to drive. We just are hopeful for many miles of out of it.

great gas mileage, ride is smooth. I did sip the tires so noise level is lower. the side air bags and solid body. We wanted a great economical car and we found it

make it easier to get in and out of.

It is what it is and I LOVE it!
By Teresa

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I read all these reviews before I bought my car and was a little turned off. So glad that I didn't listen! I love my new car! I have had it for about 3 days. It is what it is. No you are not gonna get a race car, but you trade off with good gas mileage!

I love the exterior! Looks hot! The moonroof feels like the whole top of car is open. Its great! I bought it in "super" White and everyone loves it! I also love all the little compartments!

The clock is in a bizarre spot, so is the cruise control button.

Good car for the price
By Corners

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Leased a 2010 Corolla S (auto) to have reliable, trouble free, safe transportation for the next 3 years. I have a second kid on the way, and while my car is not the "family" car (wife drives a Sienna), there are still times we need to use my car, and the Mustang just isn't going to work with a rear facing car seat. ;) Anyways, the car is very comfortable to drive, but in no way exciting. It's basic transportation, and does well at this. The looks are sporty, but that's as far as the sportiness goes. Power is adequate, but lacking. The 4 speed transmission is outdated compared to the competition. The rated city fuel economy is optimistic. 24 mpg city is reality.

Styling, cost, highway mpg, reliability, safety. Overall, its a very easy and comfortable car to drive. The steering does require more attention to keep the car traveling straight than most other cars on the road, though. This is a design flaw with the car.

For the power output, the city mpg is not living up to its claim. The computer calculated mpg is optimistic. In reality, you can expect around 24 mpg in the real world with stop lights, traffic, merging, a/c usage, etc. For how much (or little) power the car has, I'd expect more megs.