Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

A great little car!
By hepsuba

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Subaru.
My oldest was a 1978 and my newest was a 2009, from little 4WD wagons to Outbacks.
This is my second Impreza (previous one was a '98).
I have to say, of all the Subarus I've owned, this one may be my favorite.
I love it's simplicity and its great handling, power, and design.
It's what I call very "point and shoot"
-the car goes where you want it to when you want it to.
Visibility and responsiveness are wonderful.
The cabin is simple yet has everything you need.
And as others have commented, it's the last of the truly good looking Impreza's.
The small size is great - park it wherever you want, squeeze into traffic, no problem.
A great little car.

Handling Responsiveness Power Comfort

165,000 mile update
By fandango

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 150,000 a head gasket was leaking. This repair cost about $2,500, which included grinding the valves while the heads were off and replacing the water pump and timing belt.

Unfortunately, this is a fairly common repair for Subarus.

The car is still fun to drive. It has a great power/weight ratio.

I still think of this as my "new car," and it looks and feels new despite some hard use.
The car is rugged built to last.

Great handling, visibility and simple controls.

They could have put a better radio in it, it buzzes when the headlights are on.

Awsome car
By jdvozz72

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car!

Looks good and is still fairly quick for a non turbo.

Radio is Very basic! Also Subaru doesnt put out many SPT performance parts for it.

Love this car!
By jomr

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After one too many expensive problems with my Volkswagen VR6 I decided to trade it in for a Subaru. My first car was an '87 Subaru wagon. She wasn't much too look at and completely gutless but she was reliable. I found a used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan and took the car to my mechanic for a thorough check up. All it needed was an air filter and new battery.
Although it doesn't have the V6 5-speed of my old VW it has more power than I expected from a 4 cylinder. I love the growl of the boxer engine and it handles great. This car has turned out to be just as fun to drive and far more reliable. I can't imagine owning another VW or ever not owning a Subaru again!

Love the reliablity of Subaru! The All-Wheel-Drive handles perfectly in snow and ice. Never have to worry about being stranded on the side of the road.

Rear seats do not fold down allowing extension of trunk space. Back seats are a little cramped.

Not quite a 944 Turbo, but that's alright with me
By khalils

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2007 WRX Wagon replaced a 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo. I wanted a car that was a well-rounded and sporty daily driver but with all season reliability, better utility, and lower maintenance costs.

The WRX does not have the handling prowess, balance, and speed of the Porsche. In spite of too much weight forward, it a taut handling car and fun to drive in the twisties. Its good in snow, gets decent gas mileage, and has yet to have any mechanical problems whatsoever after 31k miles. I am extremely satisfied with the car. I dumped the RE-92s that came stock on the car and mounted some decent rubber, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. That made a big, positive difference.

Turbocharged engine and AWD are great in the mountains. Functional utility of the wagon design, short wheelbase, taught suspension, free revving boxer engine. With a dedicated set of real snows, not much short of a snowdrift can stop it.

Reverse gear can be balky. Interior is a little tinny and could be more refined. Shortly after buying the car, the cruise control stalk developed a loose buzzing that was not fixed. It drives me nuts and is usually fixed with a rubber band. Not the car's best feature.