There was a time when the Versa Note would have been considered an admirable hatchback for shoppers on a tight budget. Recently, however, even this humble vehicle class has experienced significant gains in quality, feature content and performance, but the Versa has somehow missed this renaissance.
Compared to competing hatchbacks, the Versa Note is slow, not particularly engaging to drive and lacking in refinement. To its credit, it does offer a lot of rear passenger space and a clever cargo system, but these are not enough to warrant a strong recommendation. We suggest checking out the alternatives before settling on the Versa Note.
- Roomy interior with an adult-friendly backseat
- Affordable base price
- Clever cargo space
- High fuel economy
- Slow acceleration and lackluster handling
- Noisy engine doesn't sound very refined
- No telescoping steering wheel
- Low-quality interior materials