Used 2013 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Great SUV but one problem
By kr2880

2013 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car looks and handles great on local and on the interstate.

However, when I am waiting at a red light with the SUV in drive, there is a definite vibration that you can feel through out the car.

I have had the car checked by Kia service including the District Service MGR and have been told that this is normal for the SUV.

For an SUV with a sticker price close to $36000, I didn't expect a vibration to be considered normal! Hopefully KIA will come up with a fix!

Eliminate the vibration!!!!

Sorry But MPG Sucks
By electricnow

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle is great in every other way other than The MPG. My wife drives it most of the time and we both get the same results. 21-22.5 city and Hwy. The 22.5 was all interstate, two people in the car with no cargo. I am 61 yrs young and have had many brands of vehicles over the years and have had only two, Honda and Toyota that got the claimed MPG. I looked at the Honda CR-V but they would not give us enough for the trade and would not knock off enough on the car.

Style

MPG

MPG
By bunnyskier

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love my Sorento.
It is one of the best looking SUV's out there.
I have gotten 27 MPG on the Hwy.
I took a trip camping with 4 girls and all our gear and got 24 MPG.
This is partial hwy and partial mountain driving with plenty of steep grades.
I use the ECO option to keep my foot and pedal in check.

Love the tip-tronic automatic transmission.

Stop Bashing the MPG Numbers!
By kenjill

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People, please stop bashing the MPG numbers with this vehicle.
Our Sorento vehicle gets the MPG figures, as advertised.
I bet there is a direct corrolation between those who get "poor" MPG and bad driving habits ("jack-rabbit" acceleration, braking too hard, using AC or heat too much, and yes, texting while driving, etc).
I also own a Kia Optima SX Turbo and I average 30-32 MPG per tank...let me repeat that - over 30 MPG with a Turbo!

If you improve your driving habits, then your "real world" MPG numbers will go up considerably.

Otherwise, the vehicle is fine so far...a great value for the money.

AMAZING VALUE
By seanminnesota

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had my 2013 Sorento for about a month and love everything about this vehicle. Have owned Nissan, VW, Audi, Honda and the Sorento beats them all on interior design and comfort as well as handling (with exception of course of Audi).
Every possible bell and whistle and perfectly executed.
Handles like a dream in snow and ice. MPG slightly lower than I expected but still quite good for a vehicle this size.
Hands down my favorite car yet, test drive the Sorento if you're in the market for this type vehicle.
The other tipping point for me was the third row seating, awesome for hauling my nephews and their friends and when folded down provides terrific cargo space.

Hands free commands for GPS, Bluetooth, radio/satellite etc. Infinity stereo is top notch. Extremely smooth and quiet in town and on highway. Seat comfort is incredible. Ample and accessible storage. Auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Auto lift gate would be nice.