Used 2007 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Ill buy again
By Mike

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am buying my third Kia because of the quality.

2007 Kia Sorento LX
By Kristen E.

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Apparently this year's model has a known issue with the rear differential. I had to get it fixed right after I bought it, in 2013. And it's gone bad again and I am forced to have to buy a different car because the cost to replace the rear differential ($1500-$2000) is more than what the car is actually worth. The car is comfortable to drive and suited my needs to haul stuff and transport large dogs for my business. The shifting is off, though. For some reason, whenever I get up to 40mph, there is a severe stutter in the timing. I have to let off the gas for a moment, then punch it in order to get past the stutter. My mechanic friend took a look at it and thinks it has something to do with the electrical. I'm not really sure what he meant by that, though. The gas mileage averaged 20mpg. And since I ran out of gas once (for the first -- and hopefully last -- time in my life), I figured out that once the gas light goes on, you have exactly 2 gallons left (40 miles) before you run out of gas.

Worst Customer and Repair Service
By Maynard Johnson

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned 2 Sorento's for a total of 14 years. The first, an 03, I traded in when it was a little over 3 years old. It was getting about 9 miles to the gallon and was a big disappointment. I traded it in for an 07 which was trouble from the beginning. It was delivered with a broken sunroof, slit in the leather seat and the passenger seat didn't acknowledge there was a passenger in it. We brought it back to the dealer(s) (Boch, Norwood MA) at least 5 or 6 times in the first couple of months. The dealer we bought it from dropped Kia within a couple of months after buying the car. We then switched to (another dealer, they dropped Kia a few months later. Next there was a problem with clutch slip in the rear end. This took Kia almost a year to come up with a fix. We had to drive 40 miles to a third and only dealership as the others dropped the line. In 2015 it developed a problem with a bearing in the engine (30K) and was repaired under warranty. In 2016 oil was pouring out from the area the dealership (Quirk) had done the bearing repair. They cleaned it and told me there was nothing wrong. I picked it up and brought it to a local repair shop and they told me it was still spewing oil and it appeared they (Quirk Kia, Braintree MA) stuffed gasket cement where the leak was coming from. Brought it back and they worked on it for several days. My daughter took it up to U Maine Orono last month and the car died a couple weeks later. Drove it to the Bangor Dealer who said the car was not worth fixing (42K miles). The electronic throttle control had gone, which I get the car is 10 years old. While on the lift he informed us that the engine is pouring oil out (same fix from Quirk) and the rear end mounts were completely rotted through. Looking on line this has been a huge issue for Kia worldwide and has been recalled in Europe. Not here yet. This car was a third car for us from day one and my wife used it to travel to work in the next time. It was rarely driven on the highway and as you can see only had 42 K on it which about 12k of was put on by my daughter in the last year. I've been waiting for 11 days from Kia. Never contacted any of the dealerships involved. Looks like were going to court.

Own 10 years
By Patricia

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My Sorento EX has been very good to me. General maintenance only needed. Driven 10 years.
Traded 07 Sorento for 2017 Sportage

Great little SUV!!
By Les

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The KIA Sorento is one of the best SUV's I've owned yes it's kind of small but it's got power and it's very comfortable to drive