Used 2008 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Kia EX V-6
By PatrickDT

2008 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This Year kia was a pretty good one. But if you are trying to find one of these models used, good luck there very hard to find.The only model I can find used right now is the LX Model with the 4 Cyl. Engine or the EX With the 4 Cyl. Engine.

Leather Seats, 5 Disc CD Changer Sunroof.

17 inch tires, seat comfort on long trips, less plastic.

GREAT CAR!!!
By Chris Martin

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

me and my dad got this car for my mom. i was surprised as to how well a 2.4l 4 cylinder performs... quick on the accelerator, yet responsive on the brakes. not only does it have a lot of gumption under the hood for a 4 cylinder, it looks great, rides smooth, quiet, great sound, comfortable, accessible, and most of all, affordable! i definitely recommend this car to anyone, even if their on a tight budget! i give the Kia Optima a 9.5/10

Premium Car for Undervalued Price!!!
By Scott

2008 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is Amazing! Coming from a Detroit Union raised native (typically purchases GM, Ford & Chrysler vehicles) I decided to take a look at one for the warranty of 10YR/or/100K Miles, whichever comes first. Nice driving give me 30 mpg hwy and the automatic stick shift allows me to have optimal usage in passing slow cars. Plenty of get up and go in the 4 cylinder...technology is incredible as 2009 KIAs may introduce MSFT software in them!!! Drives incredible and has hard hitting stock sound system (from Detroit Rock City). Be sure to go to your dealer and take one for a spin.

Auto Stick-Shift, Chrome Appearance Package, Electric Leather Seats, Premium Sound, Easy Access Volume/Track Change on steering wheel w/ cruise control and don't forget the folding down back seats for Home Depot mini projects.

I think we can add additional get up and go in a six speed engine setting to be more of a sportscar as opposed to something of a luxury car, which it seems.

What A Great Little Car!!!!!!!!!!
By ExGreenBeret

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Optima last year when gas was nearing $4/gal. I drive a lot of miles so I sold my 475hp 12mpg Hemi Ram and bought the KIA. I had rented one in the past and was pleasantly surprised so I decided to give it a try. I've had it a year now, and have put over 40,000 miles on it already. There have been NO major problems, in fact I've not been back to the dealership for any reason. I change the oil and rotate the tires religiously but that's it. Would I recommend one to a friend? Hell, yes! Would I buy another one? Absolutely!

Comfortable, VERY cold A/C (important in Florida), great mileage, and for some unknown reason Love Bugs do not stick to the paint, they wash right off! Go figure.

When I'm driving in a heavy downpour, the TPMS light comes on. Once the rain stops, no more light.

Great Value!
By GorgeKiaDriver

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the base Optima, 4 cyl., 5 speed manual. A lot of car for the money, purchased new last month, 6/2009, for $10,995! Sweet deal. Had 10 miles, now have 300, first tank of gas I received on 18 mpg! Mostly in town, getting use to manual transmission again! Previous review complained about passenger doors not operating from driver side. Turn key once to the right to unlock driver door, twice to unlock all doors! Small price to pay for an inexpensive, quality built vehicle!

Looks! Like the style, love the spacious interior and trunk. Lots of standard features for a base model!

Not sure, this was last model year for this style, new style looks great also!