Used 2008 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Outstanding!
By Outstanding!!!!

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car instead of the Ford Fusion and Chevy Impala. I could see the quality in the car. The lower price sealed the deal. The engine was clean and sounded good. I like the dual auto/manual shifting. I had 2 Toyota Corollas and this is much better. Better comfort than my Crown Victoria. A/C system is stronger than the Crown Vic. The increased MPG from my Chevy S10 will take me one month without fill ups or 512 miles. That's great for a long trip. The 2.4 liter is surprising nice and can handle almost anything. I think this car is a winner for the price. I thank God i live in America where we can chose our best values. Kia Optima definitely is a good car. With 42K it looks like new.

Auto/manual shifting. Large interior for a guy who is 6-5. Large windshield. Comfortable interior.

Standard Sunroof would be nice. Interior MPG Computer would also be nice. Software in the dashboard and voice controlled radio. Onstar would also be nice. Navigation system would be nice.

Not bad
By Piper Cub Pilot

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first imported car. Very well thought out packaging and overall design. Efficient with great safety features. At 27,000 miles the car feels and looks the same as it did when new. Reliability has been excellent and performance is on par with competition. Cheap to maintain and insure. At a $14,500 out-the-door price in 2008, it is a bargain.

Panel fit is better than a Lexus (I checked). Controls are logical and positioned well. Exterior styling is wearing well now two-plus years later after purchase. Big interior for external dimensions. Nothing has broken and no oil/fluid consumption. Pretty quiet on highway. Great warranty.

OEM Hancook 417 tires wore out at 17,000 miles, hydroplaned badly. Replacement Firestones are better. Dealership service in Columbia, Mo. is so-so. Engine is now noisy under load, but dealer says this is normal. Depreciation is among worst. Be careful with financing – car will depreciate fast.

nice little car
By Chris B

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm 5'11, 265 lbs. This car offers plenty of room and a great many stock features which all work well. I do have some complaints however. The pillars on the front windshield can be difficult to see around and I have removed the headrests because of visibility issues as well. The shift gate is an absolute nuisance when trying to go from "D" to "R". The key fob frequently opens my trunk because of additional keys in my pocket, but that's pretty nit-picky. Stock tires bad - I put "winters" on this year to manage that. All in all, a sound vehicle at a terrific price warranties are questionable only because of the difference between dealerships. Seat adjustment are just ok.

Stereo system. Bright headlights.Good trunk space.Decent legroom.Good storage compartments.Good interior lighting. Dash illumination is very nice!

Hard plastic dash components scuff too easily. Visibility is poor due to headrest design and large A-pillars. Seat adjustments should provide greater height for back of seat and/or lower height for front of seat which would allow for better circulation to legs and better back posture.

LOVE this car!
By Me Me

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just got this car about 2 weeks ago. And i truly love it. It is so easy to drive. I dont have a bad thing to say. Awesome car for the $$$ Would recommend this to anyone!!

Everything

Great car for the price
By spysgrandson

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 9 Hyundais (still have 3) but this is my first Kia. I purchased it in August 2009 (it was a year old) with 18900 miles for $9988 (I know the folks at the dealership). Given the warranty, the great fuel economy, and the comfort and features, I have to say I am very pleased. I have owned a Toyota and a Honda before. Those brands may be slightly better quality, but considering the $$ difference, I think there is no question which is the better buy.

Fuel economy (22-23 in town and 31 highway), interior appearance and quality, price, warranty

transmission doesn't appear too intelligent and the steering is a little strange feeling--wish I could describe the feeling more scientifically, but that is the best I can do