Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Review
By Steve

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this jeep two years ago. It has been in and out of the shop numerous times. I have made some new friends at the dealership. I see them on a regular basics. For the first year or so my engine light kept coming on. Needless to say that in the end, Chrysler ended up replacing my whole fuel system. That is why the light kept coming on. Then I had to have my front two wheel bearings replaced at 30,00 miles. I've never owned a vehicle where they had to be replaced so soon. My left rear window regulator has been replaced two times. I don't like the lag in acceleration. I was getting on the highway and kicked it into passing gear, but the vehicle had a very bad lag to it. I didn't think it was going to go into gear . I have also had some cosmetic issues with the interior as well. I love driving the jeep, and it is an eye catcher, but I hope the 2017's have the bugs taken out of them.

Jeep
By joe dolcimascolo

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased my first one in 2011 drove it for 103,000 miles, with no issues at all, finally traded it in for a 2014 and I will certainly on another jeep after this one hits 100,000 miles

Love the Summit with 5.7L Hemi
By Ron B

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned this (my first) Jeep for 19 months now, and have had no problems. I look forward to getting behind the wheel every day. Lots of towing power, and passes with ease on the highway. So glad I bought the Summit model with its Hemi powerplant, luxury appointments and expanded technology. I bought it used in April '15 with 35k miles, and it was tight as a drum and drove like new. Gas mileage has been 16-17 in the city, and up to 23 on the highway. I couldn't be happier!

Overall is a great car.
By Walter Dandridge

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The thing I liked most about it was the handling and driving on the highway. Didn't use it off road so don't know how it would perform but does well in snow. The electronics would occasionally not work, back up screen would go to a blue screen and not work. The rear view mirror on the drivers side obscured vision when turning corners. Would probably purchase another one.

Grand Cherokees have really changed- for the WORSE
By jmp325

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned 5 Grand Cherokees over the past 15 years. This has been my worst experience by far, and everyone I know that owns one says the same. I have never purchased an extended warranty on a vehicle, but thank goodness I did on this one or I may have spent as much in repairs as I did on the vehicle itself! Chrysler HAS to get their issues together. I cant imagine how many loyal Jeep fans have felt the same as me, and left for other brands. First of all, I had this vehicle for just 2 years. In 2 years, it was in the repair facility for 3 recalls, (including the famous gear shifter one) and also 2 more major issues. One of the issues kept my vehicle in the shop for 3 weeks, because the repair wasnt able to be performed without cutting into the body of the vehicle, (yes you heard that right- unbelievable!) and the last one put me in a dangerous situation when all of my electronics failed at once and my Jeep shut down in the middle of traffic. I immediately traded it in as soon as it was fixed. I have read countless other reviews regarding these issues. It is very sad because I LOVED my jeeps- they are sporty, well designed aesthetically, comfortable to drive, and very reasonable in price. However, the reliability and repairs were enough for me to leave the brand completely. I would not recommend this product for at least the next 5-6 years until they can figure out the issues and correct them.