Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Excellent Ride
By Paul

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The jeep has all the power it needs with the V-6. Acceleration is good even on a hill. Better gas mileage is only found in smaller SUV's.This one is just average like it's competitors. I love the size and fit of the cabin layout. My six foot plus sons ride in the back very comfortably. I would recommend one as my sister did to me.

Rear air vents are great along with radio and display features.The full size spare is a plus and it is certified through my dealer with extra warranty at an extremely good price.

Heated seats as an option in the Laredo.

Acceleration Problems
By Kathy

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in September 09 even though the reviews here mentioned acceleration issues, stalling and electric problems on the '07's. 3 weeks into owning the car the CHECK ENGINE light came on and the car stalled at 10mph/ 2RPM it wouldn't move no matter how hard I pressed the gas! I took it to the dealer and they replaced my gear shift Modual under warranty. Without a warranty it would have cost me $1,000! UNBELIEVABLE. Jeep needs to RECALL the gear shift modual on these cars before someone dies from losing power on the road.

It has amazing suspension and nice turning radius. Easy on the eyes and looks good in ANY color. Good gas mileage for an Suv.

JEEP, RECALL the Gear Shift Modual!!! SHAME on you JEEP

HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE
By craig

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only get around 12 mpg in town with v6, has stalled several times and goes 15 or 20 miles an hour then mysteriously fixed itself, if your bigger than 5,6" its hard to get into. Terrible rear visibility. Worst of all, don't get the cloth seats, there impossible to keep clean, even water stains them. Stereo sounds good though.

Headlights, stereo, outside styling.

See above

bad car
By bailey

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When placing my Jeep gear it will jerk real hard, then when pushing on the gas the Jeep will hesitate and lose all power, I too drive to work in heavy traffic I am scared to death that I will be in a fatal accident, last year I took this Jeep to the dealership and explained what the Jeep was doing he explained to me it was bad gas, it now does this a lot, I once again took it into the dealership he explained to me this time that it was the transmission module which of course is not covered in Chrysler wonderful life-time powertrain warranty how Nice this is going to cost me a pretty Penny, so I have been reading on all these complaints about the same problem come on Chrysler recall

none at this point

Chrysler should recall this part and step up to the plate and fix this before someone dies!!!!!!!

Never Again...
By Kevin

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my 2nd JGCL. I previously owned a 2004 JGCL and loved it, never a problem. However I currently own the last Jeep I'll ever own. Bought new off the lot 19 mths ago and it's been in the shop 4 times. First the windows would randomly roll down on their own. The back window gate latch will not catch, have to slam SEVERAL times to get it to catch. Several times a week it will stall around 20mph, no matter how hard you stomp the gas...was fixed, now a reoccurring problem. Now at 42,000 miles, I just got it out of the shop today due to the water pump, fan belt, and thermostat. Of course it's still under the powertrain warranty, but it's about to find itself another owner!

Love the ride and drive.