Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 291 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Hondas You gotta love 'em
By Mysteryd

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a Honda family, we went from the Accord to the Cr-V then lastly to the Pilot, the change too a short minute to get used to, the size of the vehicle is a jump up from the CR-V, and the power is a great big leap of fun, the power of the v-6 and the ease of the excelaration to merge onto the highway is for lack of a better word "Cool".. The vehicle feels solid going around turns, has a smaller turning radius that the Accord, which surprised me. I live in NYC and we all know of the snow drifts from the sanitation trucks that gets pushed next to your car, they were no problem at all, to climb over with the power the Pilot. I would recommend it to any one.

I like the high seating position, and the comfort you feel going almost any where on the highway, the safe feeling.

Get a better, sub woofer and speaker holders, they rattle too much to really enjoy the stereo fully.

Solid Car
By ck

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car b/c are family was expanding to 3 kids. It is held up remarkably well and is a very solid car. It seats 5 kids easily. The ride in the front seats is good. The ride in the 2nd and 3rd rows is stiff (the bench seats are very stiff). I have had no problems with the car and I am up to 100k miles. For the money, it was an excellent buy. My one pain point with the car is the gas mileage...it is avg about 19 mpg which translates into a big fuel big for someone with a decent commute length.

Interior and cargo space (we got a full size couch in the car!!). Leather seats and interior that hold up to 3 kids.

The radio buttons are a real reach from the driver position. You need to lean forward to change them, its odd. Instead of a bench in the 2nd row how about an option for 2 seats. Any improvement in the gas mileage would be much appreciated.

Safety ratings won me over
By GR

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Pilot just 5 months ago with 42,000 miles on it. It lacked some of the exterior style elements of the competition, but the interior features seem to fit our lifestyle better. The determining factor was the safety rating. This vehicle won out, hands down! Lucky for me, because last week I totaled my poor Pilot. This vehicle did exactly what it was supposed to do. Protect the occupants. My car's front end was totally smashed, the hood was folded nearly as high as the roof and I was protected in the cab. Other than bruises from the restraints and air bag deployment I am fine and totally amazed. So now the painful part, finding another one.

Cargo/seating flexibility, cup holders accessibility of power ports, heated seats, height, very easy to get in and out, and the view! MPG could better but not bad, we averaged about 18mpg.

Biggest beef, towing! You have to have components added to the engine in order to tow anything! I don't recall that finding in my first research. So if you're hoping to tow the 3500 lbs the vehicle's rated for, plan on spending about $1200 to get the equipment added.

Our first SUV
By KR

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pilot 2006 is our first SUV. We bought it brand new and put 40K on it and it is as reliable and dependable as it was on day 1. I love the way they equipped it with very cheap maintenance. We get family over a lot and Pilot hauls up to seven adults with no compromise on performance. Leather quality and color, touch screen navigation, very comfortable seats, roomy and classy.

The look. :) Once I was driving through a drive thru and someone asked me if it was a Land Rover. Comfort, heavy smooth ride, low maintenance including regular gasoline.

Better fuel economy, full size spare, all wheel drive vs old technology 4WD, powered passenger seat, dual climate control, noise reduction in cabin, hands free blue tooth compatibility, MP3 capability, ipod AUX, HID xenons and LEDs.

Love My Pilot
By Leann

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Pilot new and never have had any service work done! I love my Pilot. Very nice ride.

dependable, roomy, heated seats