Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 896 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Little Car For Sure!
By Bernice Arnold

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Leased in 2006 and best decision I ever made. Had an oil leak in the first week of leasing but Honda was fantastic in replacing with all new parts and haven't had ANY problems since. Mileage is great and this car handles like a charm. Highly recommend a civic to anyone who wants fuel efficiency, a reliable vehicle and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Love how it handles on the highway and at the fuel pumps. Comfortable for long drives with good leg room. A solid little car with a no nonsense attitude.

Bit of a blind spot where the pillar separates driver's window and back passenger window. Makes it a bit difficult to see when wanting to change lanes. Have heard from other civic coupe owners who have the same problem. Other then that, I wouldn't hesitate to lease a civic coupe again.

Bad Design for a Hybrid vehicle
By david384

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am traveling salesmen. I drive 40K miles per year. So, I figured I would help mother earth and my pocket book. Bought a used HCH hybrid. Great car I thought. When I purchased this car, I was getting 47+ MPG. I have owned for 8 months, and then all the sudden my MPG goes to 36 MPG. I take to dealer and they tell me it is the heat. Well I have driven this car 26K miles in the past 8 months. I told them it was funny that it worked fine, and then all the sudden crappie MPG. They said that the heat or a bad battery was the problem. Ask them is their a test for the battery? Answer No! Seems funny they can tell me the IMA is fine, but they can not tell me the battery has a bad cell.

The blue light dash is cool.

Fix the battery and heat problems that so many people have been complaining about. What I can understand is that Congress or someone can't make you fix a problem that just about all the hch drivers are having with this car at some point in the life of the car. If I knew who to contact, I'd file

My Civic
By Melchr

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I must share performance of this vehicle. I drive 108 miles back and forth each day from New Braunfels to Austin TX. I average ~70 Mile MPH and I get GREAT mileage. Today I filled up with 10.1 gallons and drove 418.9 miles which equals 41.47 MPG. This is in 100+ degree with aircon on. You talk about hybrids, this vehicle beats them when you compare cost over performance. I do not understand why Honda does not push this car?

Fuel econ, reliability, and fun to drive, interior layout. I have driven this car 65,000 miles and it never missed a beat

leather seats, Xeno lights, Michelin tires

Excellent economy
By Jerund

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are typically getting 48 mpg during the summer, with air conditioning on, and about 45 in the winter in Rochester NY. On top of that, while not peppy, the car can work into traffic without fear, and we've used it on vacation with two other people and luggage in the car. My only complaint is when it drops gear while climbing hills on cruise and revs too high. Built very solid, best door thud of any car we've owned, and has been no trouble at all, aside from one recall notice, covered while in for an oil change. Also, oil is changed by indicator, not by miles, which for us is about 10 months. Shopping now for another Civic, a coupe this time.

routine 48 MPG, plethora of information on dash, speedometer on the dash.

A little bigger gas engine would be nice, maybe half way back to the original 1800 cc, More color choices.

Great Car - EXCEPT.
By mark

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost two years and I still love it except for ONE thing. At 25,000 miles I had to replace all four tires (Bridestone Tourenza) because of flat spots, cupping and feathering. Bridgestone basically said "tough luck" and Honda said that it's obviously a tire problem. In researching this situation I am not alone with this problem. It IS the cars fault due to some faulty struts and suspension components (mostly at the rear). Now I have 4 premium Michelin's and, believe me, I'm keeping a close eye on them for irregular wear. Other than that, this is a great car to drive and is fantastic on gas! I always get 38-40 mpg on the highway, even at 75 mph with the AC on! Nice!

The navigation is great. It has helped me a great deal while traveling. I don't like the fact that an updated DVD for the system (with updated maps/streets) is around $200! That's way out of line. I also like the solid feel of the car. No rattles or wind noise.

Fix the suspension problems! Honda should recall all Civics with premature tire wear problems and reimburse customers for tires. That was a totally unnecessary expense. Those original tires should have lasted at least 60,000 miles. Some people had less than 10,000 when the problems started.