Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 386 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

This is a Honda product?
By tenstepn

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This particular year (2009)and model (Accord EX-L V6) have quality issues that have yet to be addressed by Honda, and the sheer frustration is enough to make me never buy another Honda because of these unresolved quality issues with the brakes. I purchased a new car, not some problematic use car... People researching the 2009 Honda Accord should keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to purchase, you have been warned!!!

Color, style, spaciousness of interior and that's about it. The quality issues overshadow any favorite features.

ATTENTION HONDA! This year and model Accord has brake issues that are unresolved after 12 months of ownership..."a couple of months" until you find a fix has long since passed!! The "premium" audio system is a MESS, and needs overhaul! The wheels protrude enough to hit curbs before the tires!

Excellent Car
By Lina M.

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to leave this review just let you know it's is very reliable and it is a best car to have. I got into a major accident 2 days ago. I was between 2 cars, I hit 1st car a little, but car behind me didn't hit the brakes and hit me and the 1st car again, but after all it happened Honda Accord was in the best shape of all 3 cars. The front of the car got barely damaged even though it was hit twice, of course the rear end was in bad shape. I have got very little injuries. After all it happened it stayed very stable and saved me.

Reliable and comfortable, speeds up very fast comparing to the size of the engine.

Coming Back to Honda II
By Luis

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 7,000 miles, the car is performing good. Nevertheless, there are some poor quality issues related to details, such as loose door panels, seats springs noise, and paint scratches in the bumpers. Brakes squeak and road noises are very annoying. In the positive side, the fuel economy, engine performance, car design and Cd changer/radio sound are great. If I decide to buy another Accord would go for a thorough road test and read more carefully the car reviews. Overall, I have mixed feelings, because I had greater expectations for a car like this, but still think the Honda Accord is a great car.

Fuel economy, performance. Beautiful design and color. Cd changer radio sound is great. Great interior space, compass and instruments arrangement.

Road noise is very bad; brakes squeak unacceptably for such low mileage. Quality issues with details such as door panels, seats and bumpers' paint.

Worst Car I've Ever Bought
By CFF

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6th car I've owned, 3rd Honda Accord. After the first day I realized how terrible the front seats are to sit in for more than 10 minutes. I think if you're less than 5'6" and 120 lbs, you'll be alright. The driving noise inside the car is excessively loud. The acceleration is OK for a car of this price, but the traction leaves a lot to be desired. Dear Honda, Look at the 2000 Accord and think, "Wow, we used to make a good car". Thanks, Former Customer

Great car so far
By ashlynn

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for over a month and have 1500 miles on it. I have nothing but good things to say. At first I had to get used to the automatic transmission because of the Eco mode. You can feel the car downshift and at first it's uncomfortable because you're not used to it. Now I don't even notice it. This car is powerful and I have a lot of fun driving it. I actually look forward to my 30 mile commute each day. A lot of people complain about the seats. I think the leather is fine and have driven on a road trip (200 miles) with no problems. The car is beautiful inside and out and I get a lot of compliments on it. It really does look like a Lexus or BMW with all the chrome. I have black on black.

Powerful V6 engine, Beautiful exterior, sound system, Quiet engine with minimal road noise in my opinion.

Option to turn off eco mode.