Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

A Nice Car to Own
By Big Dog

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car because the transmission on my Intrepid died. I must say I am impressed. Overall, this is easily the most intelligently designed car I've ever owned. It irritated me that Detroit couldn't bother to put as much effort into their designs as Honda does. Took a while to get used to the transmission rhythm (went from 3 to 5 speeds). Fuel economy can be an issue. On the highway, I got a nice 30+ MPG, but in the city, barely 20. I have the lowest end model, and I am impressed with the amount of extras it came with, as well as the performance of the engine. Very peppy for a 4 cyl. All in all, I am very satisfied with this car.

Engine performance, overall design, excellent brakes, lots of extras that come standard. Nice acceleration for a 4-cyl. Superb handling. Copious amounts of room. Very accommodating seatbelts for larger people.

Transmission can be a little choppy until you get used to driving it. Mileage varies too much between city and highway. Hate having to program the dome lights to go on when the door opens instead of just having them go on. Trunk/gas release are on the floor, which is awkward. HUGE gas tank (18).

I miss my "03"
By Andrew

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Accord since 1997. Aesthetically the car is fabulous inside and out. Bigger, more luxurious and a little more power. I think the seats are very comfortable contrary to other reviews. Unfortunately, my brakes do squeal after 5K miles and a persistent vibration does emanate from the rear, interior deck. The transmission is weak, gas mileage is poor 19 mpg city/mixed where my "03" got around 22 to 24 with the same "spirited" driving style. Worst of all...I feel 40+ years old when I drive this thing whereas my "03" was much sportier, quicker and agile. Overall, a very good car but I probably should have bought the GT Mustang instead!

Beautiful car. Great stereo and ergonomics.

Needs to go on a diet.

GREAT regardless of the weather
By Tom Ballantyne

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive at least 25,000 miles per year, and this HONDA auto, with high performance all-season tires is GREAT regardless of the weather. This is very sporty and comfortable for me and my friends who ride with me all over the country, and driving up to 9,000 foot high mountain roads, this is still VERY NICE!

Comfortable, sporty, and very good gas miles in town & on open highways!

This HONDA is SO GREAT, I do not think it needs ANY improvements!

This is a Honda product?
By tenstepn

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This particular year (2009)and model (Accord EX-L V6) have quality issues that have yet to be addressed by Honda, and the sheer frustration is enough to make me never buy another Honda because of these unresolved quality issues with the brakes. I purchased a new car, not some problematic use car... People researching the 2009 Honda Accord should keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to purchase, you have been warned!!!

Color, style, spaciousness of interior and that's about it. The quality issues overshadow any favorite features.

ATTENTION HONDA! This year and model Accord has brake issues that are unresolved after 12 months of ownership..."a couple of months" until you find a fix has long since passed!! The "premium" audio system is a MESS, and needs overhaul! The wheels protrude enough to hit curbs before the tires!

Excellent Car
By Lina M.

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to leave this review just let you know it's is very reliable and it is a best car to have. I got into a major accident 2 days ago. I was between 2 cars, I hit 1st car a little, but car behind me didn't hit the brakes and hit me and the 1st car again, but after all it happened Honda Accord was in the best shape of all 3 cars. The front of the car got barely damaged even though it was hit twice, of course the rear end was in bad shape. I have got very little injuries. After all it happened it stayed very stable and saved me.

Reliable and comfortable, speeds up very fast comparing to the size of the engine.