Used 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Love My Fusion Hybrid
By A Ritchie

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have enjoyed every moment of driving this car. Quiet. Comfortable. Efficient. My only complaint is getting in and out. I'm 6' tall and weigh in at 250lbs and getting in is particularly difficult as the steering wheel hits my thigh on the way in.

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By David Butler

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car with 14K miles in 2016 after considering the Ecoboost powered model. After driving the two I decided that I liked that Hybrid equally and liked the idea of the better gas mileage. The car is used for commuting a few miles to work and it is fine for that but where it really shines is on the highway. I can consistently get 48-52mpg (depending on the wind, temp etc). Ford has made this car to a high quality level, it is very quiet and very comfortable to ride in for long periods of time. It did take a bit to get used to the CVT transmission but after a few days it is no big deal. Everything works like it is supposed to and I have to give this car an overall 5 stars.

I bought a great car.
By Raymond Casaudoumecq

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Get ready to be really surprised by this car's quality, performance and looks.

Back Seat leg room is poor, especially if the driver has the front seat all the way back (tall driver).

better mpg
By smatte

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid (Titanium) I am averaging 49+mpg. Active cruise control set to 68mph. 120miles per day for work, mostly highway. This includes some AC. Make stops much longer to recapture energy. I do slower starts than I use to, but they car can get up and go if I want, or need to. Driving to vacation and back at 80+ got me 42mpg. I still fill up the same amount of times, but the tank is much smaller, so instead of a 14Gal fill up I am only doing 7-8gal.

Fusion Hybrid: Great Blend of Performance/Comfort
By Jack

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our Ford Fusion Hybrid has provided just under 10k miles of very enjoyable drivability from Arizona's deserts to the Colorado mountains with 38.4mpg overall. Mileage: Recent trip from Phoenix (1800ft) up I-17 to Flagstaff(7,500ft) netted 38.7 @75mph with AC on. Then 52.7mpg from Flagstaff to Monument Valley @75mph. From Monument to Moab @ 70mph in 90+F heat still gave 39.8mpg with AC full on. From Moab(4000ft) through and up the Rockies on I-70 @65-75mph to Breckenridge(9,500ft) netted 36.7mpg. From Breckenridge on I-70 up and down the Continental Divide (11,900ft) at 65-75mph netted 47.7mpg with plenty of passing power and lots of help coasting downhill into Denver. Tooling around Denver in traffic gave 36-44mpg in a mix of crowded highways to city drives. From Denver to Albuquerque to Phoenix at 75-80mph with AC on netted 37.7mpg. Used a mix of 85-87 octane gas. Drivability: Precise, crisp steering and well-planted stability gives a canyon-carver feel. The hybrid engine generates plenty of passing power on the numerous hills and mountain passes. The CVT even was able to provide helpful engine braking coming down "the I-70 twisties" into Denver. While not a sports car (recent cars BMW 3 series, Acura TL-S and Murano LS), the Fusion can hold its own on the highways and still gets plenty of thumbs up. Its 0-45mph "flash off the line" surprises some drivers as the electric torque is always there. Plenty of passing power is present when needed at 50-75mph on two lanes or interstates. Comfort: Excellent front and back seats and near-luxury interior make trips, short or long, comfortable and satisfying. A/C has no problem with Phoenix heat. Tech: My Ford Touch was relatively intuitive to me. Navigation system had great maps, fast response but needed overly proper diction to get the responses I wanted. It was my least favorite tech tool. Radio/Blue tooth/Phone pairing is high quality, easy to use and fast. Other: The battery eats up trunk space but can hold two medium size travel bags, two backpacks, 36-20oz bottle pak and hiking poles with back seats up. Have to drop one side of seats to hold golf clubs. Can double capacity if both back seats are dropped. Only concern: no spare tire, not even "a doughnut" only a can of sealant, an electric pump and a prayer. Final thought: Very, very happy driver and wife. Fusion is a real car and a hybrid!
UPDATE: (08-26-2017) Drove the red Fusion SE for 20, 983 miles @ 37.9mpg with no problems before I traded it in August 2016 for a new Ford Edge. All my prior comments held true for the entire ownership period. Highway mileage was its forte though the 40+mpg in city was most appreciated. My wife had a medical condition develop in mid-2016 that made it hard for her to enter/exit my "Red Beauty" Fusion Hybrid so we parted ways reluctantly. I give the Ford Fusion Hybrid a two thumbs up - the o-45mph from stop lights never failed to put a smile on my face.