Used 2006 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

What a difference 10 years makes!
By J Tant

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I used to own a 1997 Expy EB which I drove until it died. After driving a 4 door sedan my family started growing which meant I needed a larger vehicle. I found a nice 06 Expy Ltd which I recently purchased. It's a good SUV! I appreciate the independent rear suspension which allows the third row seat to fold flat, something my 97 was missing. The overall driving experience is much enhanced as well. There's plenty of room inside for everything and everyone I haul around, towing capacity is perfect for what I need, and the Expy actually does pretty well with off-road beach driving. Overall, this is much improved over the 97 Expy I used to have. I'm very impressed.

I like the folding 3rd row (with power!). The number of ways I can fold the 2nd and 3rd row seats is also appreciated. I also like the navigation system and the DVD player for the kids. There's also the "go-anywhere" aspect of the truck. I like being able to drive in a snowstorm.

This has since been addressed, but the 06 Expy requires a number of CD-ROMs for the navigation system.

Could not ask for much more!
By SVT-Rich

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought her last January to replace our AWD 1997 Mountaineer (now my winter driver, wife drives the Expy). The Expy is outstanding so so far. She has been super reliable so far, as all of the Fords I have ever owned have been. The 5.4 is really a smooth engine with more than enough power, and the trans is also smooth. We love all the bells & whistles. The power fold rear seats are one of the best options. The air ride suspension is very smooth on highway trips, and a little rough on the not so nice roads. Fuel economy is what it is (average 12mpg winter, and 14mpg summer, and bested 16 mpg's on a highway trip at about 70-75 mph) for a vehicle this size, and I new that going into it.

Power fold rear seats, smooth 5.4 engine, air ride, DVD, and navigation system, the heated, and cooled front seats. The styling of this truck in all black with the chrome wheels is outstandng. She is a keeper! Bring on child # 3! Can't wait for all the vacations in our Expy!

Headliner, and a couple of other panels which vibrate sometimes on rough roads. Would like black interior, but the grey is nice. And other than fuel economy, I would not change a thing.

It saved her life, so I bought another o
By mustang6878

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased or first 06 Expy Limited in July of 07. What a wonderful machine! It had everything a guy ( and his wife) could want, and with 3 grown kids ( 17 - 22) plus an occasional mother in law, leg room was never a problem. On Feb. 4th in the early morning hours, my wife hit a patch of "black ice" here in Iowa while travelling at 70mph. She will tell you upfront that she panicked when she started to slide, hit the brakes and over corrected her steering. She flipped the Expy ( all 5600 lbs plus a full tank of gas) 3 times down a ditch before landing on its top. Every airbag went off. Rescue workers pried her out, but she walked away. We bought another one when the insurance check arrived!

Room enough for everyone, ride, all the gadgets, DVD system for trips

Fuel economy, but I knew that going in.

Why Did I Do It
By Why Did I Do It

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I called myself trading up, from a 2001 Expedition to the 2006 EB model. It was a big mistake, the interior of the 06 model is not as roomy as the older model. The gas mileage does not seems to be as good as the older model. I liked the option to adjust the rear view mirror for night driving on the newer model you can not adjust the glare control. I just am not happy with the newer model overall.

The front grill and lights look great.

The leather interior is to delicate, the beige leather is impossible to clean and keep clean. I wish I had know never to were jeans my driver side seat is ruined the more you clean it the thiner the leather gets. It's hard to enter/exit 3rd row seating. The rear storage are way to small.

So Far, So Good
By Sharon Smith

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 1 1/2 years now and no trips to the repair shop.Big,roomy, holds the whole family and 2 dogs. Only problem is factory tires.'Idiot light' shows low tire pressure alot and even filled they make flap flap sounds. Annoying but I'm told it's normal for the vehicle.

Electronic fold down 3rd seat. 2 tone dash, seat/pedal adjustment w/memory. Cup holders, stylish heat vents

Make ashtray and lighter standard! Automatic passenger lock has pinched and bruised several arms. Driver pull up handle too close to window. Has several -oops!- cigarette burns.