Used 2004 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Great family hauler
By mike

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a die-hard ford guy and the expedition did not prove me wrong. Have ran it 3 years and 80k. Only has needed brakes and tires. Rear seat material seems to be a little dry rotted but with 2 boys it doesn't really matter. Always runs strong, wife loves it. Bought a new fusion but the wife will never give up her expedition. When we go on vacation, we put a bubble on the roof, rear basket on the hitch and she's good to go. Found a homeowners plow for the front and she even plows the driveway in the winter. Need to tow no problem. Have towed 5500 lbs piece of cake. Now looking at a camper to tow. You can't find a crossover with good mpg that will do as much.

Will do whatever you need it to

Maybe a little better material for the rear seating

Still Glad I own it
By TW

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2004. Has custom steering wheel and faux wood dash from dealer. This SUV is great. Simple comfort and easy to drive. Much better handling once I got rid of the Contitrac tires that came OEM and upgraded to some excellent Goodyear Forteras. Only one maintenance problem with rear compressor which was ~$450 to replace. Only have 47,000 miles on the truck. I think this truck will last a long time.

Simple nice interior that is very uncluttered. Very low maintenance costs.

Real leather not plastic cow leather on seats. A little more rear seat legroom for kids in buckets. Better OEM tires would make a big difference off the lot.

I call it a truck
By Vic

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a working musician/bandleader. My band performs at upscale banquets and hi end country clubs,. we often work in tuxedos. I need a vehicle that is both presentable and functional. My Black expedition has served me well and I continue to be very pleased with it. I do however, I only have two comments. I don't need third row seats, I prefer not to pay for Leather seats that are berried under cargo. Give me the option of storage compartments in that area instead. My second comment is to provide some tie downs in the cargo area. Hopefully, Ford realizes that Expedition owners and drivers aren't all soccer moms.

There is great space to store and stash things in console ,doors and in the rear. I love the tilt mirrors while reversing. Also the beeping when backing and getting too close to an object while backing.

The third row seat should be optional. Some type of Tie downs in the cargo area. Break dust is excessive.

4th One!
By JDB

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Considering the price of these vehicles’ new, I always look for a new used one. Believe me, no one else knows or cares. At over 50K brand new, I get the same luxury for around 30K, or less. I think the Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, is one of the most awesome SUVs on the market today. They are as reliable and dependable as any Toyota, and like Toyota, they don’t change style much. For an SUV, you just can’t go wrong. I have 160K on mine now, and it purrs like a kitten. But, as an engineer, I can’t stress to you the value of maintenance!! You keep the fluids changed and tune it; you will be one happy camper. ALL of

Gas mileage, without sacrificing slippage or speed.

Saved Our Lives
By Blessed

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Best car ever! airbags are amazing.worked perfect. Car totaled but safety features are great! Will buy again! If not for this car I would not be here typing this! Thank you Ford for a well made vehicle!