Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Always At The Dealer For Repairs
By rogersson

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unreliable ... This was purchased as a family vehicle but we've had little time to enjoy it. There is always a recall or a warning light
when driven.
We are fearfully that it will leave the family stranded on the side of the road.
Air bag warning lights always flashing.
Blinkers that stop working whenever they desire. AC unit that stops working while driving, which forces you to stop and restart the SUV to get the AC blowing(95-105 temp in the south.. AC required). Radio stays on when the key is out of the ignition and you have left the SUV, which drains the battery. Worst issue, the Dealer does not know how to correct any of the issues.

Interior space and design. Ground Clearance

The manufacturer should built an SUV that they can actually fix and repair. The Dealer Shops should be provided with accurate information they can use to correct issues. The issues I am experiencing are not new to this SUV. Maybe the manufacturer and dealers should search Google for a resolutions to these issues.

Very pleased
By chasman123

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our 2010 new in 2009. Have been very pleased with the smooth and quiet ride. Did have to get the steering fixed due to it making noise when turning and also had the temperature controls replaced due to the paint wearing off the fan buttons. All of this was done under warranty. Overall we've been pleased with our Traverse. Now have 45,000 miles on it and it seems to be going strong.

Love the leather seats, back up camera, and navigation.

Disappointed
By littlejen

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got have a 2010 traverse. At first it seemed like a great car until about a year ago when it started falling apart. It is the worse feeling in the world having a 3 year old car that is always broken.
At 65,000 miles we had to have the replaced warranty covered it, but not having my vehicle for a week was annoying.
It costs 190$ to replace the headlights, they have to remove the front end to do it. Cosmetically its falling apart toggles and buttons are coming lose. It's currently in the shop again. As I'm driving down the road today the gas gauge starts flip flopping like a fish out of water and it won't shift gears.
Lithia has my car more than I do.

The outside look of the car, onstar always help us when we break down

Window noise issue, having to take it to the dealership to change the headlights( it can not be done at home my husband tried for 45 min before i called the dealership and they said it needed to be brought in) which they charge you 190$ to do, the constant not knowing what's going to happen next and being afraid my kids an I could be stranded in -50 or colder weather, starting issues it always misfires

Front end problems
By charliedog2

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the Traverse new in December 2010. In June 2011 at
24,000 kms, both front struts and shocks along with other misc. items
replaced under warranty. Now at 48,000 kms, the struts and mounts are completely warn out and need to be replaced. The warranty went off 5 months ago at age 3.The vehicle is only 3.4 years old and on
second rebuild of front end. My wife drives this vehicle in the city and on the Hwy. It has seen no gravel and is basically a kid, dog, and grocery hauler. We are very disappointed with this vehicle. The Fuel economy is no where near what they promised. Going down hill with the wind at your rear you may get 21 mpg. No more Chevy Products for this family.

Fix the front end issues. Fix front and rear wiper springs.

40,000 Miles and Not Happy!
By steelfn

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Traverse LT2 with 9,000 miles and have not been happy with the vehicle since purchase.
Build quality and reliabitlity have been huge concerns, with squeeks, rattles, poor dual-climate control, and now, at 40,000 miles, the front struts have to be replaced.
Gas mileage is not anywhere near the EPA estimate of 23 mpg on the highway.....my Traverse has never exceeded 19 mpg on the highway.
In doing some research recently, I see that other Traverse owners have had a lot of problems with the suspension, as well.
Wish I would have known that before purchase.

Very room inside and accomodates family of 5 very well.