Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Decent Car
By Tom G

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle used with 49K miles. Within the first year it was in the shop for 3 different fuel system problems. After that point, it became a reliable vehicle, with only minor issues. It is relatively comfortable, drives nicely and gets decent mileage. Compared to other vehicles, repairs and service work are inexpensive. It is a plain, dowdy car, but it serves its purpose.

Visibility, manueverability, transmission, nice stereo, roominess, inexpensive service and repairs, huge dealer network.

More padding on seats, fix the squeaks, A/C switches between circulating and non-circulating.

2000 Chevy Malibu LS
By Mario

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

Very nice to drive. Very comfortable for extremely long trips. Love to take it when I have to go to Kansas. Buttons are very easy to use and everything is in a good spot.

The stereo (it's not a Bose, but it sounds like one if not better). The speed (very quick for a V6. Feels like a V8 sometimes especially when merging). The backseat space/comfort.

Needs a Repeat button for tracks. Wish the car didn't shimmy if you floor it. Steering is a little though.

I will only buy Chevy now
By only chevy for me no

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I just wanted to let anyone out there thinking of buying one of these cars to do so. My daughter wrecked mine into a pole head on, the airbags went off, and she didn't have a scratch on her, she walked away unhurt.. This car was built sound and tough and my daughter is living proof. I want another just like it.

My favorite feature was the sun roof/moon roof

Dont' Buy a 2000 Chevy Malibu
By Augfirst

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Chevy Malibu is a poorly built car. It seems that I and many other people have had trouble with the Intake Manifold Gasket which needs to be replaced about every 50000 miles,I am already on my second gasket. The cost is around $600. Along with ABS, fan switch, and brakes this makes for a very expensive car to maintain.

None.

Fix the engine, so it does leak antifreeze!

Never Again!
By beatlegirl9

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car 7 yrs & I've had nothing but problems. It only has 67,000 miles as I don't do much driving except work & errands. I also do the reg. maintenance. I have an extended warranty that has been my lifeline in terms of shelling out money. Every time I take it to the dealership for repair, the same problems start back up a couple of weeks later. I have the manifold gasket repaired, my transmission replaced, the drivers side control panel replaced, the a/c control panel replaced(3x), fuel pump, a couple of the fuel injectors, the water pump & some others I am sure I am leaving out. Will never buy a Chevy or GM ever again based on the nightmare I have had w/ this car. Buyer Beware!

I am still lucky it runs!! So I guess I am pretty happy about that.

Never allowing a vehicle with such defects to come off the line. There should have been some recalls, I am sure, based on similar complaints on the same defective parts. Better company support for dissatisfied customers.