Used 2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

far exceeds my expectations
By houston_driver

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought the prestige line 2012 as the '13s were coming into the showroom and got a great deal.
This car exceeds my 2005 Acura RL in every way possible, although the costs on an inflation-adjusted basis were nearly identical.
Most importantly:
after 6000 miles, I do not have any rattles, squeaks or mechanical-electrical problems of any kind.
Love this car!

My favorite feature is the control-power balance in this car: driving this car at over 100 mph feels comparable to driving it at 40 mph.

I notice that my left knee turns the lights from "auto" to "on" at times when I'm getting out of the car. That switch needs to be moved or changed in some way to avoid this.

Sleeper
By audilane

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This car has been owned for 6000 miles now.
It has all of the features one could ask for, including an incredible sound system Bose 14 speaker system.
The prestige model adds the S line exterior and really sets the front end apart from the other models.
Gas consumption is a combined 25mpg.
It can go from a comfort cruiser to a rocket with a few button pushs and a flick of the wrist to shift into sport mode.
What is so incredible about this car is it seems like it is two cars in one when you make the adjustments from comfort to sport.
Interior is top notch and so far squeak and rattles are non existent.
The normal suspesion is pretty stiff on its own (which I like).
Good control!

MMI has all the features and is very usable. Previous audi controls were a bit complicated. This system is pretty straight forward and within a few days of messing around with settings in the driveway it was figured out. Juke box feature is nice plus you can connect an MP3 player or slide in saved musci via two SD card slots. Backup camara is very clear and offers some tools to help you park easily. The cars performance and interior styling surpasses most in its class. (I have compared it to the BMW 5 series first hand). BMW is nice but the audi interior is more stylish!

It has a supercharged V6 which is an absolute rocket in sport mode. Fuel consumption is substantly better than v8 counterparts, however nothing sounds better than a v8 in my opinion. The motor sound good but lacks the rumble of a v8. I gladly trade the mpgs for the sound and I hard see where you are losing any performance going to a this V6. (There might be a few V8 cars wondering how this small six cylinder just torched them off the line).

Beyond My Expectations
By mjplx2

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've had my A6 Prestige 3.0 for about 3 months and clocked about 3,500 miles.
This car is amazing.
Well beyond my expectations.
Exceptionally smooth and quiet ride.
Effortless power.
Quick and instant acceleration at any speed.
The car feels solid and drives like it's on rails.
The exterior design is sleek and powerful while still having a luxury image.
The interior is equally as nice.
Very comfortable seats.
The wood grain inlays have a beautiful high-end look and feel.
I love the lightning-like feel and acceleration from the supercharger.
Cruising at 80 mph is effortless at a bit over 1800 rpms.
All this with outstanding gas mileage.
Two recent 400 mi trips averaged 34 mpg !

Exterior design. Beauty and comfort of the interior. Solid, firmly planted driving feel while still providing a comfortable ride. Exceptionally smooth ride. Amazingly smooth. Effortless power and outstanding acceleration all with great gas mileage. Build quality is readily apparent throughout the car.

Nothing of substance.

Loving my car, but...
By mrbtjohns

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

WOW!!! That was my 1st impression of this car. The car looks nice on the outside and looks stunning on the inside. After testing driving the 2013 Cadillac XTS, I was real close to buying it but for some reason I kept looking at the 2012 A6 and I'm glad that I did. I'm coming out of a 2008 Infiniti M35 and driving the new A6 was night and day. The Audi has a great car on their hands. I'm loving it so far but the car is lacking some feature that my M35 had. You can not control the a/c by voice, no remote start, no remote power windows up or down option and to get a power steering wheel you have to get the prestige package. Tons of room in this car. Besides those minor things I LOVE THIS CAR.

I love the MMI display, Google Maps, Audi side assist, gas MPG is great for this size car/engine. I love the interior and exterior styling of this car. Audi Connect. Huge trunk space (compared to my Infiniti M35 at least)

Voice controlled A/C, Remote powered windows and sunroof, Remote start, Easy exit and entry seat for the driver (steering wheel moves up and the seat moves back for a easier exit and entry).The power steering wheel should be standard feature.

Certainly different from prior A6's
By shanenolan2

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have only had this car about a week and its my 3rd A6 with Premium plus package.
I replaced an 06 with a 2012 . While this A6 is quite nice, it does lack the luxury feel that accompanied my last
2006 A6 with the same package. Sound proofing seems a little less and the road noise is certainly more noticeable. I had 18" tires on my last A6 and barely heard them. Now its an issue. Things like keyless entry which came with Premium plus editions has new limitations. Its really just key less start as you have to use the fob to unlock and lock the doors. This was not the case in the 2006 version. Its still early in ownership so maybe I will forget how great the other A6's were

Great GPS !