Transmission, Brakes, power port location, and rear door
By mary1958 on
2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I too think the transmission feels wrong. It seems to slip and jerk more than any car I've owned before. Brakes sound as if they are dragging especially as I first drive down the driveway. The power port is inaccessible if drinks are in the drink holder. I like having a full sized tire and one which you needn't unload the storage space to access. Be sure to check the pressure in it if having low pressure readings. I dislike that you can not put longer items in to haul as I could with my old Ford that had a rear door that lifted up instead of to the side. I have yet to figure out how to put the baby anchor back in the roof compartment.
Favorite Features
The car has many nice features and is comfortable. There are wonderful storage areas where the tire would normally be - two separate under deck compartments. The molded drink holders in the storage area and backseat doors are handy, as are the hooks for grocery bags. Seats are comfortable and have several adjustments (both front and back seats). Biggest plus in not having one of the silly little tires as a spare.
Suggested Improvements
Relocate the power port located where the drink holder is - it's impossible to use both as it is now. If the transmission is really supposed to be rough and brakes are supposed to sound like they are dragging - perhaps that should be mentioned during purchase check out. I would also recommend a complete electronics tutorial be put online and/or done during purchase. No one reads instruction manuals except me and I can't make heads or tales of some of it.