Nearly a decade ago, Toyota wowed car enthusiasts with its all-new back-to-basics sport coupe. Co-developed with Subaru and initially sold as the Scion FR-S, the Toyota 86 was inexpensive, small, lightweight and very fun to drive. Now, for 2022, Toyota is back with its redesigned 2022 GR86. Significant changes include a more powerful engine and new styling, but most importantly the new GR86 improves upon the same principles that made the original so enjoyable.
2022 Toyota GR86
2022 Toyota GR86 videos
Fun Cars Under $40K | Dodge Challenger, Mazda Miata, Chevy Camaro, Ford Mustang & More
Is the Toyota GR86 a good car?
What's new in the 2022 Toyota GR86?
According to Edmunds’ car experts, here’s what’s new for the 2022 Toyota GR86:
- Redesigned for 2022
- More power from a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine
- Mildly restyled interior
- Kicks off the second GR86 generation
Is the Toyota GR86 reliable?
Is the 2022 Toyota GR86 a good car?
How much should I pay for a 2022 Toyota GR86?
The least-expensive 2022 Toyota GR86 is the 2022 Toyota GR86 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M). Including destination charge, it arrives with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of about $27,700.
Other versions include:
- 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M) which starts at $27,700
- 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A) which starts at $29,200
- Premium 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M) which starts at $30,300
- Premium 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A) which starts at $31,800