Sweet
By Happy on
2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
Rides very smooth and quiet for a SUV. Easy to get in and out of and easy to park. Great on gas. Comfortable inside. Great quality throughout. Excellent sound system. High quality interior. Every seam lines up. Excellent power. Handles well. Surprisingly roomy. The 3rd row is small but kids fit and I can easily get 7 people into the Highlander if need be. I like the sound system, the auxilliary heat controls for the rear and the 4WD does the job in snow. I looked around and this is the BEST midsized SUV available. And it is reasonably priced.
Favorite Features
Except that you are sitting up a little you might think you were riding in a very nice upscale sedan. Cupholders and power outlets everywhere. Cargo cover is easy to use. Full size spare tire with a the alloy wheel. Plenty of storage nooks.
Suggested Improvements
With the 3rd row seat in use, limited cargo space. Make it just a little longer. The sunroof is NOISY when open doing more than 30mph. I'm going to have to look into a wind deflector for that. Premium gas. It would be good if it ran on regular. That extra 20 cents per gallon is a pain in the wallet.