2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: My FIrst new car

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

V6 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row)

My FIrst new car
By spindry on

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Well, it is not a car, and not an SUV. Its fuel is 16 NY city, 22 HW (best). Seems I need to go to the dealer for even a simple oil change to avoid problems... that really stinks... no more 30 min oil changes, now it's 2-4 hours at a dealer. Some minor assembly defects (e.g., some wires are too short and plastic in rear left wheel well deformed), it came with a spare that has a melted sidewall, impossible so far to find so called tow prewire in rear... toyota itself was no help when I called and asked about it.

Too soon to say... but compared to my old minivan it is much quieter and handles more like a car. The brakes - I like them - they really provide for control when braking hard; it is far superior to my minivan's ABS only system. Need to test on soft ground, snow and ice yet.

Improve quality control in assembly, clearly define what each package has, and provide proof on installation (e.g., pre-wire box not were specified by manual). Allow for oil change and air filter change somewhere other than dealer. Provide the sideair bag option w/o the moonroof: roof too low.