Used 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Age is only a number
By luvtoyota10

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe this car is 9 years old! It drives as if it was brand new. This is my grandmother's vehicle and it only has 76k miles on it. It handles so nice compared to my 2013 Toyota Highlander. It has hydraulic power steering, not electric, so it has good steering feel with a decent weight. It also corners spectacularly due to it's lower ride height. The V6 is just fine for the size. The interior could be roomier. I'm over 6' so the front seat is a little cramped. But, it has great cargo versatility, came in handy when I moved. I couldn't lower all of my 2013's seats due to a seat lever malfunction that I'm getting fixed. This Highlander, is an amazing car. Had it for 6 years.

Sunroof, handling, reliability, low cost to own, fuel economy.

More interior room. Paint quality.

Value for Money
By amithw

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 169K miles on my toyota. Still rounds great. Only change oil and filters, belts. I get 21city and 24hwy MPG. Great car very reliable. Use good tires and the ride is even smoother. Only defect I see is some clanking noise coming from front suspension. No mechanic could fix it. So I drive with it,

Body style and design

8+ years and 111,000 miles and keeps on going
By dreamer123890

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just love my 2005 Highlander. So much so that we cant seem to find a reason to replace it. I bought it used in 2006 with 20k miles and have added 90k+ miles. Getting an average of 25 on highway and about 20 in the city for a v6 is terrific. I have so many memories in this car - we have done lots of roadtrips. Besides the standard 90k maintenance to replace the belts, pump etc. and regular 5k mile maintenance, i have had 1 issue - the fuel cap needed replacing at 108k miles. I guess we will wait another 2 years and then replace it around 150k with either a Lexus Rx or another highlander!

reliability, efficiency, comfort, space, features

acceleration is a little jerky, third row seating and access is not convenient

Faithful,Reliable, and Powerful
By luvtoyota10

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This highlander is my grandmother's i own a toyota venza she got this car before I got my venza, that was when I had a 2000 Toyota 4runner and This car was perfect for her. It has a nice ride, I loved the sterring feel, and it is roomy. I drove this car down to Indianapolis and it was great only thing wrong was the wind noise. Overall, This is a fine Crossover.

Roomyness, Gas Mileage, ECT Snow button, Sunroof, and roomy interior.

Road & Wind noise. Paint quality.

All is well except the paint!
By roset1

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We own a 2005 Highlander Limited which has become the 'family pony'. Overall, we have been very happy with it except: Since day one, there was a pencil eraser size 'bubble' spot on both side mirrors. The bubble grew like a blister and eventually it popped. Come to find out, the mirrors were NEVER primed prior to painting. I brought it up to the dealer's attention while still a dime size blister and still under warranty, they did nothing about it. Now, 6 years later, my mirrors have peeled. Toyota assumes no responsibility. Word of caution: inspect your vehicle and look for even the smallest flaw in the paint. Point it out and have them fix it prior to buying. It will save you $$ and grief.

Seems like we are never out of room!. We have the 3rd row sitting and although small and sometimes tight, we are able to sit 7 (no room to spare). It's a great feature to have.

Rear air conditioner vents, cup holders for driver and passenger.

• SUV