2004 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Loyal Toyota customer
By Sandra Langley on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Highlander is my first SUV and I love it! The ride is so smooth and comfortable. It is not built as high as some other SUV's therefore it is easier to get in and out. Gas mileage is pretty good for an SUV (better than I expected). My average MPG is 20 to 21.

our first suv
By ruthmb on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have had nothing but enjoyment with the suv the workmanship and quality are very good

awesome
By armus on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

you feel safe driving this kind of car. the best suv i've ever driven. the moment i started driving it i know it's the kind of car i was looking. highly recommended!!!

I love my Highlander
By obgyn on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Enjoyable ride. Sharp looking inside and out.We receive many compliments on the color (red). Wish we get better mpg.

I love my Highlander!
By Militza on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I usually own my vehicles for a minimum of 8 years and I expect this one to go even longer. Not just because of the quality, it's a family friendly but also mom-friendly car. I love it. Plenty of horsepower to out maneuvre slow pokes on the road and still feel safe. It also looks great. The console was designed with a layout that does not require me to look to change channels, volume. It's 100% intuitive. All in all, GREAT purchase and not one second of buyer's regret.

Mackenzie the Highlander
By Pine Tree on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very comfortable and enjoyable to drive, mileage is 19 to 24 around town and 29 plus on the highway. Handles great on the Interstate and Forest Service roads. Only complaint is difficult to read odometer and clock in daylight.

my high
By diajam on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

compared to honda pilot...this is the CUV to buy.

SIMPLY THE BEST
By SLATE on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

ONE OF THE BEST CARS I HAVE EVER OWNED. THE RIDE IS EXCELLENT, NICE SIZE, HANDLES WELL AND RELIABILITY IS GREAT. IT IS WELL DESIGNED, EVERYTHING IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE. JUST ALL AROUND ITS A GREAT CAR, ITS AN SUV BUT IT RIDES LIKE A CAR. ITS BIG BUT NOT TOO BIG. ITS NICE LOOKING AND ITS A TOYOTA. I HAD A RAV4 BEFORE THIS AND WANTED SOMETHING JUST A LITTLE BIGGER AND THIS IS PERFECT. I HAD A MINOR PROBLEM WITH THE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT BUT THAT IS IT. WHEN I TRADE IN I'LL DEFINITELY GET ANOTHER HIGHLANDER.

Love this SUV
By gillie on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the Highlander for only two weeks, I couldn't be more pleased! Since 1980 I have owned Volvos, this car is heavier and far better to handle. I purchased with it concern for traveling during snowy weather.

The once mighty Toyota
By Junk John on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were loyal to Toyota since 1989; the purchase of a Highlander has led us to BMW. We had two problems: when you opened a window or the sunroof the air pressure change was drastic; and the bass in the "premium" stereo varied from engine off and engine on. The feeling in our ears and sound from the air pressure changes was analogous to what it must feel like in a helicopter. The stereo was still very unpleasant when the bass was set at minus 5. Toyota did nothing to accomodate us. In Toyota's view, even though service tech acknowledged two problems, performance was "within specification". We never thought we would get response like this from Toyota. We no longer believe in Toyota product.