2002 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Excellent with a few quirks
By drewdog on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this thing! Lots of power, lots of space, great sound system, handles well for it's size/weight, mileage is good too. Only minor issues: slippery leather, poor stock tires, break shims had to be replaced on one wheel (bought it used at 30k miles though).

A Great SUV
By Ryan S on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned our Hilander for almost 3 years now and had to take to the dealer once because the sunglass holder broke. Other than that this vehicle has been by far the best SUV we've ever owned. We plan on keeping it for several more years, and most likely will by another one, this time with the third row seating.

HIGHLANDER IS GREAT
By REGIT on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

PURCHASED THIS SUV USED WITH 44000 MILES. BEST DRIVING EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD.

Super SUV
By CAROLINAS on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We wanted a SUV style vehicle to replace a Conversion Van. Researched SUV's for quality, design, ride. Also, talked to other with SUV's. The Highlander Limited came out ahead. I'm not into off road stuff so a "car-ish" rather than a "truck-ish" ride was, and has been, the best solution for me. My 2002 Highland was purchased used with a Toyota Used Car Certification check. Have had no problems and enjoy driving it in the city and on the highway. I'd do it all over again with Toyota.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By ajohnbeck on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the base model highlander for almost 2 years now and couldn't be happier. With 52000 miles and nothing more than oil changes and tire rotation. This car has all the power anyone could need in the base 4 cyl. I average 24.5 mpg with mixed city/interstate driving. Great vehicle!

Great vehicle!!!
By DaveZ on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am in sales. I bought this vehicle for my job because of perceived reliability. I have not been disappointed. This SUV has NEVER been back to the dealer for anything other than normal service work. I love it and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with SUV needs/wants and with a requirement for undying reliability. For several 000's less than a Lexus you can have all the same basic features, more room and the confidence that you are driving one of the best SUV's ever built. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned for my job. I drive over 30,000 miles/yr. through all kinds of weather and I have never been let down... BUY IT!

Highlander Review
By E Miller on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Highlander has been all we had hoped it would be. We have an SR5 but it is more equiped than the typical Limited. It provides a refined ride with ample interior space, it feels solid and handles responsively. We don't mind making long trips in it, and performs well under harsh wintery conditions. Gas mileage has been very good for an SUV. We are very satisfied.

Great car
By jwilson778 on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 18 mos one trip to dealer to fix rear axle seal. Smooth v-6, decent mileage very good storage for the size. 8 year warranty on engine (to address sludge fears). Traded Odyssey LX for this more reasoable sized car but still have the high ride height and got AWD

32K carefree driving miles
By dlmoyer on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With winter driving on our new Geolander HT-S tires this SUV/car with all the safety features offered has been worth the $34K price. OEM Bridgestones were very poor in snow. High wind noise with rear windows open; but why open them? Driver side power seat great but manual front pax seat very uncomfortable for this 6 footer. Unlit interior controls a challenge at night, but then this HL just drives itself down the interstate. Very satisfied.

Excellent Deal
By Leader on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Highlander was the right choice for us. We were looking for smooth and car driving features in an spacious quality reliable SUV. In addition we've got a decent base engine with good torque that will be enough to pass a vehicle, and good savings in gas.