Used 2007 Toyota Avalon XLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Pretty good car, has its problems
By Nick

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 65,000 miles on it and so far its been an okay car. Paint chips real easily, loud in the cabin, a cassette player..really? No ipod connection. But on the positive side very very fast, very roomy and great ride quality.

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration, roomy interior, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the cassette deck, get an auxillary input jack, fix the paint and loud noise!

2007 Avalon XLS
By Jim Roden

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The drive quality is great, except for the rear visibility when backing out of a parking space. Tire noise is a major problem if you buy a low quality tire like Good Year. Engine noise is no problem, I think other people think the noise is from the engine, when it is actually the tires. Paint is very thin and of poor quality. Just make sure you keep it waxed regularly. I have 45,000 miles so far with no problem. Oil is changed on time with synthetic and rubber is lubed with 303.

Favorite Features

Reliability, ride and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Paint & more insulation for body noise.

2007 Avalon XLS
By BL

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Avalon (first was a '98 XLS) and have been disappointed in quality. AC hose clogged at 35k miles, soaked & ruined the carpeting; oil line broke (28k miles) and I lost all engine oil on the road. Added oil to limp into the dealership. Engine noise (ticking exhaust) makes it sound like an old Chevy. Paint quality is average. I want my '98 Avalon back!

Favorite Features

Looks nice, ride is smooth, MPG is great, and interior is roomy.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 input; folding side mirrors; better paint quality.

2007 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl
By Boca Wife

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At first I wasn't very impressed with the car until I drove it. It was great. My husband is over 6'6" he actually picked out the car first, he was very comfortable seated in it. Both my kids are over 5 feet all and they are between the age of 9 and 11. I am 5' 9 " I am sure the son will enjoy this car when he is 16... I hope. Thanks to my husband for introducing the Avalon. It's great.

Favorite Features

It is very roomy and comfort and I really like how it looks inside.

Suggested Improvements

It's difficult to plug in my cell phone charger and it should have bluetooth capability as a standard feature

Quality is gone
By PhxOwner

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1997 Avalon XLS and it was perhaps the finest car I've ever owned. That's why I bought another one last year. What a disappointment. The transmission always hesitates before finding the right gear, there is a thumping noise coming from the trunk every time I go over a bump, but there is nothing in the trunk. The wind noise on the freeway is excessive. Rear visibility isn't very good. Cup holders don't hold standard cups. Toyota missed with this one.

Favorite Features

Large rear seat, very good fuel economy, comfortable driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign/replace transmission. Put power receptacles in easier to access locations. Improve build quality