2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Pretty good car, has its problems
By Nick on 08/12/10 00:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 65,000 miles on it and so far its been an okay car. Paint chips real easily, loud in the cabin, a cassette player..really? No ipod connection. But on the positive side very very fast, very roomy and great ride quality.

2007 Avalon XLS
By Jim Roden on 06/15/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The drive quality is great, except for the rear visibility when backing out of a parking space. Tire noise is a major problem if you buy a low quality tire like Good Year. Engine noise is no problem, I think other people think the noise is from the engine, when it is actually the tires. Paint is very thin and of poor quality. Just make sure you keep it waxed regularly. I have 45,000 miles so far with no problem. Oil is changed on time with synthetic and rubber is lubed with 303.

2007 Avalon XLS
By BL on 10/21/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Avalon (first was a '98 XLS) and have been disappointed in quality. AC hose clogged at 35k miles, soaked & ruined the carpeting; oil line broke (28k miles) and I lost all engine oil on the road. Added oil to limp into the dealership. Engine noise (ticking exhaust) makes it sound like an old Chevy. Paint quality is average. I want my '98 Avalon back!

2007 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl
By Boca Wife on 01/17/09 17:57 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At first I wasn't very impressed with the car until I drove it. It was great. My husband is over 6'6" he actually picked out the car first, he was very comfortable seated in it. Both my kids are over 5 feet all and they are between the age of 9 and 11. I am 5' 9 " I am sure the son will enjoy this car when he is 16... I hope. Thanks to my husband for introducing the Avalon. It's great.

Quality is gone
By PhxOwner on 09/20/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1997 Avalon XLS and it was perhaps the finest car I've ever owned. That's why I bought another one last year. What a disappointment. The transmission always hesitates before finding the right gear, there is a thumping noise coming from the trunk every time I go over a bump, but there is nothing in the trunk. The wind noise on the freeway is excessive. Rear visibility isn't very good. Cup holders don't hold standard cups. Toyota missed with this one.

Disappointed
By harmonyrn on 07/15/07 09:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The seats in this Avalon are terrible, more uncomfortable than you can imagine. Why would a designer put all kinds of seams in a car seat? The steering is also "hard", not smooth like in our 2003 Avalon. It feels like I'm driving a Mack truck. The radio sounds like an old transistor AM radio - tinny and poor quality. I've also had major problems with merging onto interstates from entrance ramps; sometimes I wonder if I'll make it without being rear ended by a car 1/4 mile behind me. The pick-up is not reliable. Cabin noise is very loud on interstates, mostly from moonroof. Overall, if you are a small woman who is looking for comfort and a great car for road trips, the 2007 Avalon is not it.

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS
By trumpet on 06/23/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Avalon -1995, 2000, 2007. I didn't feel comfortable with the drive by wire acceleration. Two trips to the dealer where they scanned the computer didn't show anything. Finally, on Edmunds forum someone had TSB EG 029-07 regarding the tranny controller. Brought to the dealer with this info. The reprogrammed the controller and this fixed the problem.

Best Yet
By Richard G. on 05/29/07 20:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car and best Avalon I have ever owned. Rides like a dream. Looks great. Very roomy. Almost no noise. I can't believe my fuel mileage. Consistently between 28 and 33 using cruise when driving the speed limit. Got great value on my 03 trade in to boot.

Nice Ride
By Nice Ride on 05/22/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was reluctant to trade in my '03 Tahoe, but rising gas prices caused me to look at something more efficient. Advertised city mileage of 22 mpg appears to be about right. This is not in my opinion a mid size sedan. This car is roomy and comfortable, something my mom would drive. But don't get me wrong, this is not a 'mom' car. Sporty look, smooth ride, minimal road noise. I no longer regret trading the SUV.

Good all around car
By Speed_Racer on 12/19/06 09:13 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There are 2 outstanding features about this car: 1) The engine: It pulls throughout its entire range. 2) Room: So much back-seat room. More room than the previous generation Lexus LS. I have owned many cars, sports and lurury. The Avalon offers a superb ride. There is a little too much lean in corners, and it tends to oversteer when pushed. The flip side of this is a nice ride for commutes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.