2010 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Wonderful Vehicle
By BrianB on 05/26/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning many other vehicles and always wanting a 4Runner, I finally got one. I looked at older models over the years and found them to be lacking. Especially in headroom and interior quality. Well, all fixed. Great interior, controls and quality and now headroom. The engine makes good power, very quiet, hands free phone system works very well and the interior is cozy without being cramped. I couldn't be happier.

Disappointed
By JC on 05/19/10 17:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2006 Limited that I loved, but I was hit and it was totaled. I purchased the 2010 SR5 last Dec. I'm tough on my trucks as I have dogs and do SAR work in Nor Cal. The 2010 immediately started having little problems; vent piece broken, rubber door seals pulling off, radio flickering, etc. Not the quality I've come to expect. But biggest problem has been the tow hitch wiring receiver. If you plan on towing, good luck! The wiring plug is underneath the vehicle way to the left side. No way is this going to work. Total design flaw. I've been to dealer and they are telling me there's no fix. I'm on my own. NOT GOOD!

2010 4-Runner SR5
By rsookdeo on 05/19/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Limited, but my new 2010 SR5 far surpasses the 05 model. This is a quality built vehicle with a clean interior. I love the rugged look of this vehicle and the luxury ride. Mine came equipped with leather, running boards, spoiler and 3rd row seating. This vehicle sits up higher and has more interior room than the 05 models. The 3rd row seating comes in handy and folds away flat and neat. Looking forward to my first real road trip in the 4Runner.

Decent Car
By Bob Whalen on 05/17/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to go off road, this vehicle will do decent. It's not nearly as good as a wrangler though. It would be better but no front or middle differentials.

Good Car
By Bob Whalen on 05/17/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is simply unstoppable off road. Mountain Peaks, Trailblazing, Water fording, and anything else off the beaten path the car can do without breaking a sweat.

This is a Toyota?
By Russ Blondeck on 05/17/10 14:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car should definitely revive Toyota's declining reputation for sure. I have never owned a better vehicle. It works simple marvels off road, but its still more then comfortable in the city. It blows my wife's g-class out the water. More comfortable both on the beaten path and off-road. I got it lifted, added a bullbar, kc lights, rear Bush guards, and a snorkel, but it still handles like my previous 3 series. The real shocker is though how good it does water fording. I was driving through a lake once that my-off road club goes in often but I ran into a deep spot that we didnt know about. It completely submerged, with just the snorkel sticking out. It was stuck for over 3 seconds but still drove out!

Good Commuter, Off Road, Cruiser
By Leon on 05/17/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck replaced my '04 Highlander Ltd. I was afraid of the gas mileage, but it's almost a tie (19 mpg avg.) The cabin is very well appointed. The seats are very comfortable. Fit and finish are impeccable. My 4Runner LTD Edition is not wallowing excessively at all, as some reviews indicate. While the ride is not as carlike as crossover's, the good olÂ’ feel of the body on frame is worth the compromise. On the positive side, it glides over New England's potholes with aplomb without any sign or sound of the suspension destruction. I hope that this truck will be safe, much more durable than my previous, and last longer with little maintenance."

A truly American SUV
By extoyota on 05/16/10 21:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 6th 4runner since 1989 and my last. Toyota got its wish, they are now an American car company. Cheapest, poorest example of a 4Runner i have bought. compared to my previous 5 there is no comparison. Go by something else don't waste 40 grand like me

Love This Tuck
By Jena42183 on 05/12/10 07:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my 4Runner SR5 4x4 6cyl on Saturday at DCH Brunswick Toyota in N. Brunswick NJ. The dealership was great and gave us a good deal. I absolutely love the truck, it's such a smooth ride for an SUV. I've had a 2003 and 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and this truck is 10x better. I will be back in another 3 years for another!

4 cylinder makes the grade
By CHAD on 05/06/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 4 cyl. 4runner in March. I had a 2005 Toyota Highlander and planned to purchase another one but came across this model on the dealers lot. I bought it because it delivers good gas mileage, has 8 air-bags, neat appointments in interior. Has better outward visibility than the hl, sits 1" higher, and has enough power in the 4 cly. For my use. I am towing a 2000 lb. Pop-top camper and have no interest in going off road. The storage space is adequate, seats fold down flat, dashboard temp., compass, mileage ratings, etc. Are an added plus. After just 1300 miles I am ave. 20.5 mpg. It has sonar for backing up, fog lights, etc. A very good BASIC vehicle for $28,500.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$116 per month*