2011 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Dollar for Dollar it can't

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Dollar for Dollar it can't be beat
By tupdog12 on

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2011 Outback Limited with the 3.6R engine for my wife. (Everything except Nav) After driving it from Maine to Oklahoma (home), I had to have my own Outback so I sold my 2010 Maxima and purchased another 2011 Outback Limited with the 3.6R engine except this time with nav. I frequently refer to my outbacks as Honda Accords with AWD, however much more practical. You can haul and carry a lot of stuff home from Lowe's. I have several suggestions for improvement (explained later) and have actually conveyed them to Subaru. (Probably will fall on deaf ears though, however I did receive a nice response.) Great vehicle and you can't go wrong.

Favorite Features

Looks, practical, economical, smooth, reliable. As a whole and considering all factors, it is an outstanding vehicle that is very hard to beat.

Suggested Improvements

OK, now for my big bitch. Do not waste your money on the Outback's navigation system. It is a three disc system that is definitely second class and would be better suited for a Yugo. I love having to change disc's between Illinois/Indiana and Oklahoma/New Mexico and remembering in the state you are traveling in prior to selecting any locations. . If you have not used/owned Acura's or Infinity's Navigation system with traffic & weather, you may not find it as bad as I do. Outside drivers side mirror needs to be tinted, and electric lift gate option would be very nice as well as programable seats. However: that navigation system has to go!!!!