2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Maximum Value - Solid Car

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Premium Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Maximum Value - Solid Car
By Charles on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've driven this vehicle now for 9 months. Solid vehicle in all respects. I'm not sure about "fun to drive", but for a vehicle with this power and height, I believe it handles extremely well! Cabin is much quieter than prior Subies we've owned, and the cloth interior (my prior experience was with leather) has been a very pleasant surprise. Car is sure footed in winter weather, and the only time I couldn't move (on the stock tires) was trying to climb a steep driveway with 6-8" of snow already on the pavement. Finally, despite prior reviews which panned the standard sound system, I find that mine is perfectly fine for casual listening on the road. Options such as XM radio were pricey.

AWD with CVT to maximize mileage and improve control on winter roads. Ample room and comfort for 5 adults on short/in-town trips, or 4 adults +luggage for long trips. Keyfob with key built in. Subaru reliability!

Arm rest extension toward front for more realistic driver use. Standard USB connections for external audio or flash drive connections. Optional backup sensors and camera, as well as Blind Spot warning indicators. Folding side mirrors. Multiple choice of interior colors for exterior selections.