2003 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
AQ's LL Bean Outback Wagon
By A Quan on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my LLBean Outback Wagon for almost a year. I recently drove round trip from San Francisco to San Diego and was extremely pleased with the way the car handled and performed. It is a comfortable and safe car to drive on long trips, great visibility, good gas mileage, great on steep hills and curves, and very forgiving around sharp turns. I'm very pleased with the car.

Best Subaru Yet
By Fastmover on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Subaru Outback. This car is built so well, no problems, always reliable. I love the handling, the feel of the steering, great brakes, wonderful amenities. I highly recommend this car. This car is refined enough to take to the city for the latest opera, yet tough enough to cross steams and go where I really waant to take it.

Great Car
By colorado_subie on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded up to the '03 LL Bean after owning a Toyota 4Runner for 8 years. It goes everywhere my old car went except very rough roads. You get a lot of car for the $ and the cost of ownership is WAY less than a clunky SUV - insurance and gas both cost a lot less! Very well designed car inside and out.

LL Bean, H-6 is major improvement over 4
By Goodaay on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

6 cyl. is SMOOTH, POWERFUL. Big improvement over the 4 cyl. Good ride, handling. Comfortable leather seats, great stereo, quiet interior, versitle hauler. Dual moonroofs are nice addition.

yummy black beans
By black bean on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love it. Sticks to the road in bad weather like flies on dung. Very solid ride but smooooooth. Loves to play in the snow. Transmission seems a bit on the slow side. It feels powerful but accelerates like the manual 4 cylinder models. Fuel economy is excellent considering it's a "SUV". Starter is a little hoaky in really cold weather.

LL Bean Luxury for Beer Budgets
By Michael K on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, this is our second Subaru (my car is the WRX). We compared the other SUW's in this class and the Subaru had all the features of the Volvo, Audi All Road, Passat Wagon, at much less of a price. Plus the inclusion of one year of ONstar, free general maintenence for three years, and the Subaru safety record, this car is a steal. It rocks in the Northeast

Great car
By OVID HURD on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a LLBean for $27100 from Stevens Creek Subaru (San Jose, CA). After driving the car for about 1000 miles, I can say there is nothing comparable in this price range. The car feels rock solid, has a very smooth Lexus-like drive, first class suspension, excellent visibility, a lot of cargo space. The sound system is very good. However, the car has 3 major inconveniences: 1) the seats do not offer enough leg support, (the lumbar support is great.) 2) Wind noise coming from the roof rails at higher speeds. 3)the engine is powerful, but the slow transmission, makes it less responsive, it will not let you drive the car as an Acura TL-type S or a BMW.

The perfect family wagon
By alinki on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It has everthing you need.

What I like About Subarus
By vladkoval on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like this car because it is fun to drive. It is not that big and it has all wheel drive system.

Super smooth ride
By mikefromny on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having previously owned a 1997 Outback Limited I was expecting another terrific Subaru in my 2003 LL Bean. Boy were my expectations exceeded by the unbelievable smooth and comfortable ride of my new Subaru.