2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2.5i Premium PZEV Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
2012 Legacy Buyers Check Steering Before Buying
By bill497 on 11/01/14 10:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Don't make the same mistake I did. I was totally unaware of this issue when I bought. Do some searches on steering wander. You will mostly find the problem on the Outback, but I think that's because there are more Outbacks out there. My 2012 Legacy was very annoying to drive. You had to constantly correct from the left to the right. The car was still under factory warranty, but they couldn't fix it. New tires, alignments, rotations, nothing worked. The car had never been wrecked. Also it had a heavy wheel, so between the constant correcting and that, it made for very fatigued driving. Test out your Legacy or Outback first and check for this problem before buying!!

3rd in the family
By mpople on 11/17/13 07:48 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The third Subaru I have adopted, The first was a 2009 Forester, the second was a 6 cylinder Outback 2012, and now a 2012 Legacy. Yep, I guess we have become a Subaru Family

One of the Nicest Cars That No One Talks About.
By simy on 11/26/12 11:37 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is about as practical as you can get. AWD doesn't sacrifice MPG & comes in handy in snow. It's not flashy, but it looks nice, esp. w/tinted windows. My mechanics love Toyota & Lexus mechanically, but recommended the Legacy, it won me over. Got a good price, a little over $22K, practically 0% financing & Costco cash card. The PZEV reduces smell when starting up in the garage. Heated mirrors, wipers & seats in the Premium model. Rocker panel lights up when doors open. Hazard light button placed pefectly so when you shift the car to Park, just depress w/index finger. Little stuff that no one talks about, but it's been thought out. It's really a nice car that doesn't draw headlines.

The Car I almost Overlooked !
By diehard080 on 06/24/12 23:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had been shopping for a good week and I wanted something that would work for our family of three ( 9 year old boy ) and my wife . I didn't want to waste ridiculous time examining all the possibilities as it gets to the point where your life is consumed in details and these car sites and magazines , dealers , commercials all are the fuel for this confusion and frustration in that what ever car is :the best " or whatever spin they have that day . I wanted the every thing car but NOT an SUV , NOT a crossover but a Reasonably priced sedan that would be a errand runner , dinner limo , tahoe cruiser and more. Well It was Camry, Accord , Chevy Cruise , Ford Fusion . Then I am watching TV ...