Subaru WRX STi
By WRX OWNER on
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought the WRX STi a few weeks ago and I can tell you that this car certainly lives up to its name. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I live in the mountains of southern California where there are a lot of windy and hilly roads, which make this car all the more fun to have. It never has a problem climbing any hill. It accelerates from 0-60 in about 5 seconds and the handling ability is unbelievable. The hood scoop and spoiler never rattle around as I had read in some reviews, and also the turbo lag isn't that bad; in fact the low end torque on the STi is better than my dad's Porsche 911 Turbo which has 355hp. The 6 disc in-dash CD changer is of excellent quality.
Favorite Features
My favorite features of this car are, of course, the powerful engine, 6-Speed manual transmission, excellent handling, firm suspension, DCCD (Driver Controlled Center Differential, 6 disc in-dash CD changer, comfortable seating for 4, automatic climate control, and ample trunk space.
Suggested Improvements
The only things I dislike about this car are minor nuisances. The center console is too small, and the seatbelts tend to lock you in through the normal course of driving. Also, even though there is ample trunk space, (enough to fit 4 sets of golf clubs), the rear seats do not fold down.