2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Fun to drive!

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Fun to drive!
By yotuki on

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a kick in the pants to drive. I've had it for 3 months, and it's been nothing but pleasurable. Performance wise, the car has a lot of power, and is very nimble; cornering is fun, as is taking it on a windy road. The build quality is good, but I've noticed a few rattles. The clear plastics that cover the gauges and stereo scratch a little too easily, so be careful. Minor annoyances aside, it's a great car at a great price point. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this car to anyone.

Performance wise, I couldn't ask for more. And the 6-CD changer is great. I also love the heated leather seats, and the sunroof. I got the cargo bin for the back, and that is really nice too. It keeps all my junk from rolling around when I'm doing some "spirited" driving.

Clear plastics shouldn't scratch so easily. iPod/MP3 minijack input. Some of the interior plastics seem to scuff up easy too, which I noticed around the seatbelt mount on the drivers left shoulder. I guess it must be from where I grab the seatbelt.