2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Finally
By jagboypotts on 07/10/06 18:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I moved to the US 2 years ago and have bought 7 cars since. A Porsche 911 was impressive, a 2006 GTi lasted 3 months, various other boring stuff. An '05 Legacy gave me a hint of what I really needed. The STi is a average motorwar car, it uses more fuel than I expected. It's also everything a sports car should be, effective, fun, fast and makes you want to get in and drive just for the joy of it. Unlike the 911 you don't need to worry all the time, SUVs don't cut you off for fun, you just sit in your blue and pink world and smile at the sheer joy of a sorted chassis and engine that sounds like its CD would go platinum. As for when the snow comes. LOVE IT.

Built to get you anywhere, anytime.
By lvnwntr on 07/10/06 18:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Leasing the car for $270/mo. Planning a trip of 2000 miles through Canada with 3 other people. Great for hauling the stuff that won't fit in my Impreza sedan. Have cargo basket for roof rack and am planning for a hitch and aluminum cargo carrier for the back.

Overall a solid little wagon
By mck on 07/07/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for about three months now, and am overall quite pleased with it. I wanted something that handled well, got decent mileage, and could haul stuff in a pinch. I narrowed down my search to two vehicles with the other being the Mazda3. The Mazda had less cargo space and will not take a trailer hitch, and lacks roof rails, although it is slightly less expensive and reportedly gets better mileage. I recently subjected it to a 2,500 mile road trip and consistently got just above 31 mpg on the highway (and much of this was through the mountains of North Carolina with the AC on); in the city I got around 25.

AWD supercar!
By Fernslinger on 07/07/06 11:45 AM (PDT)

This car is awesome. The handling and acceleration blows cars away at 2-3 times the price. The build quality is great and I love the way it looks. I really enjoy driving this car!

Subaru...Love it!
By soulxchill on 07/07/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my VW Golf for the Impreza 2.5i sedan. I wanted the WRX but can't swing the cash. For the money, the Impreza 2.5i is outstanding. You can really feel the 170 HP because the car is so light. The boxer engine shifts smooth as silk. The AWD is also excellent. This car handles very well for its class and feels super solid when driving. it really is a blast to drive. I have no trouble getting on the gas at 60mph to blow by someone on the highway, the torque and HP are great. I ask for the power and it's there! You really couldn't get a better car for the money.

Awesome Car!
By dave on 07/02/06 04:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car a month ago, and I love it even more now that when I bought it. It hauls and handles like a champ. It is just as sure footed in the rain too. The stock stereo and speakers are pretty wimpy, but other than that, this car is unbelievable!

Returned home
By Chris on 06/24/06 23:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new impreza - I had a Forester years ago, then tried other cars for fuel economy. None impressed me as much as my Subaru, and I think I'm a fan for life.

Turner Ready
By DANO on 06/22/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turner ready says it all. Excellent inexpensive platform to build on or just leave alone. Fun to drive and offers the wallet a break and the flexibility to add as funds become available. I would start with the brake cables, coil overs and then pipes. Easy to install and easier to enjoy.

So much fun for so little dough
By Daily_Driver on 06/21/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

The STi's performance rivals, no, outright destroys so-called sports cars 3-4 times its price. 0-60 well under 5 seconds, with no serious performance degradation in the wet (thanks to the AWD), this car just keeps giving and going. And it has 4 doors and a usable trunk to boot...amazing!

GREAT CAR
By ato220 on 06/21/06 05:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After driving this car for 3 months, I am still amazed at the direct connection between my right foot and a smile. I love it when any Mustangs or Camaros that pull up next to me at red lights, they fade quickly in the rear view mirror. If I were to find a downside to this powerful performance sedan, it would have to be gas mileage. I've averaged around 20 mpg, but then again this could be because that gas pedal is so addictive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.