Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Love My subie
By jbkona

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my subie (pet name for subaru) This is the 4th subaru I have owned and they keep getting better and better. So zippy like a sports car. Love the turning radius can get in and out without 4 to 5 point turning. Love the cornering it's the best. Reliable and safe, I never worry about losing traction in our Hawaii downpours!!!

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration, stereo, comfort

Suggested Improvements

standard sun/moon roof, standard rear spoiler.

Great Car
By Bonestock91

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru. I was an all Honda guy so I decided to step it up with a Subaru. Great car. Nice design inside and out. Nice and powerful, wish it got better MPG's though

Favorite Features

Interior/exterior, boxer engine, 173hp 166tq.

Suggested Improvements

MPG, soundsystem

Fun and Practical
By wg

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Traded a Loaded Dodge Dakota AWD for this to save gas and for added longevity. This is like driving an adult go-cart, with a great stereo. Average 22mpg mixed driving with a lead foot(80-85 hwy). Also I find the seats very comfortable; however no long distance drives yet. And this car handles all weather very well.

Favorite Features

Hatchback large enough to fit golf clubs, good power when in the power band, handling, seats, stereo, and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Needs factory tinted windows and maybe better stock tires. Every thing else is fantastic.

Great Car
By JW

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I live in the city and I sold my last Accord v6 a few years ago. I wanted a small car, fun to drive that had the capibility to haul my dog and my stuff wherever. This car meets all of the requirements and then some. I think I am stuck on Subaru now. I fit two large dogs a freind and her dog with room to spare, through the mud, rain, and potholes the car never felt strained or out of place. Upgrade the radio and tint the windows that is my only change.

Favorite Features

AWD, sport wagon, quick and easy to park.

Suggested Improvements

Map light

Great Little Wagon
By Old Man

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have now had the Subaru for two years and loved it from the start. I guess that I am a lot older than most owners of this stick shift, being in my early 70's, but still like to "drive"! Although I would love the turbo, the naturally aspirated motor suits me fine, and there is enough get up and go for most occasions - not wanting get too many tickets!

Favorite Features

Stability at speed, love the all wheel drive in the wet. Seats are good, comfortable, and keep you in place when cornering quickly. Plenty of space in the trunk. OEM tires were very good,

Suggested Improvements

Better radio, heated mirrors, sometimes find the gear shift a little reluctant to shift smoothly. Short shifter would be an improvement.