2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Perfect WRX Upgrade
By T-WRX on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I owned a 2002 WRX, and mildly modified many aspects of it trying to achieve a faster, better handling car. To paraphrase the old fruit drink commercial: "Shoulda' bought a STi."

Black STi
By scruffy on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The WRX STi is a great fun to drive car. It has positive handling, with no under/over steer faults(due to the adjustable center diff.) the car has a huge power band with 200hp at only 4000 rpm! and 300 hp at 6000 rpm! the car is faster than many other sedans in the same price range(BMW 325, Audi A4). If your a true car enthusiast, you will love the car.

The best car ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By My New STI on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is awesome! I have owned many other performance cars and this one stomps them all. The interior has been slightly redesigned so you have a 6 cd changer new cloth on the door panels and cup holders. The wheels have been widened this year as well. Also the steering is tight. Super SUPER fun to drive.

YeeeeeeHaaaaaa
By Stimuli on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS THING IS A ROCKET SHIP! It so so quick and so fast that it is scary. I equate it to holding a calm cat that just got scared and is digging in to get the hell out of Dodge. Once break-in is over (even before!)you will not want to drive this thing without a radar detector present. The closest you will get to a supercar under $100,000. There are very few vehicles in the US that can challenge the STi, anywhere!

Better than my Boxster S
By jontronics on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

A lot of bang for the buck. This car replaced my '02 Porsche Boxster S, what a difference! For $26,000 less I got more horsepower and torque, better handling, fewer squeaks and a lot less attitude at the dealership. Bottom line, when you add up all of the peformance items that come standard, it would cost you thousands more to turn any other sports sedan into anything close to the STI, plus it's all covered by a 36,000 mile warranty. Instant track car.

Best. Episode. Ever.
By rallyfan on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

If you're researching this vehicle, you don't need my opinion on it, right? Well, I'll give it to you anyway. 100% fun. Great seating position. The layout of the redesigned dashboard is great. All the trick gadgets are mostly on the driver's side so your passengers won't futz with much while you're trying to drive. This car has incredible power and wonderful driving dynamics. The shifting is crisp yet smooth and there's more torque than you know what to do with. Gas mileage isn't the best, but when you're having this much fun, who cares?!

2005 Subaru WRX STi
By AcidRat on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent power range and handling. I have a neck injury that is somewhat aggravated if I'm in the car for more than two hours. The car attracts more attention than I had counted on but the majority is positive. I used to drive 5- 10 mph over the speed limit, I now go at the limit or 5 mph under. The noise level is livable. Ergonomics are excellent. I'm 6'3, 190# and I have no problem getting in or out of the car. There are several seating positions that I find comfortable. The back seat is big enough for two adults. The paint is very hard which makes it scratch easily, the trunk is spacious, gas mileage is about 20 mpg.

how it is
By Johny Tran on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

i like this vihice because its fast reliable and can get you a few more minutes of sleep! im planning t tune this car up because im participating in a rally event and hopefully ill get first but everyone at work is talking about how greata sti is and how fast they are, i also like subaru.other models i have owned in my previos years are a honda civic si, evo 4 and a integra gsr. but the sti takes the cake and im like ity the best out of all my cars.

2005 Aspen White STI
By Jamie McMillin on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

New for the 2005 STI: new Helical Front limited slip differential new power steering oil cooler new wider 8" wheel (replaces 7.5") new rear wheel arch flares, body colored (because the new 8" whl?) new Immobilizer key, 3 supplied. Needed to start car new climate control new air filtration new smoked headlight lens new re-designed keyless remote fob new seat cushion side bolster material new center console cupholders, replaces the one by the center vent new sam/fm/CD changer w/ bass, mid, treble adjustments, 6 spkrs new door armrest redesigned, now cloth, includes mirror controls new colors I love this car!!

Not just a WRX on steroids
By Ichiro on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I've driven and owned a variety of Subaru cars for the last ten years. My previous car being a 2002 WRX which I've had for over three years. So when I first got to test drive the STi, I just couldn't believe the difference in performance, especially in cornering speed and suspension dynamics. The 6MT transmission (with factory installed short shifter) is the best manual transmission Subaru has to offer by far. NVH? I call that communication with the road. It's funny, my 2005 STi has the EXACT same rattles as my 2002 WRX. I wouldn't have it any other way.