2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Super commuter car!
By Rob on 01/07/05 22:08 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We compared this 2005 Impreza RS2.5 to the Civic SE and couldn't believe the difference. MUCH better handling, power, and performance. This is my commuter car and it is perfect for just that. Quiet interior, superb handling; a lot of fun to drive. Build quality is solid with a great looking interior. How can this car and the Civic be in the same price category?

Just awesome
By Zack on 01/04/05 00:06 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Upgraded from a standard WRX and it's a totally different ball park. Not for the faint of heart. Fun, practical, daily driver.

20 Minute Vacation
By Craig on 01/02/05 01:33 AM (PST)

Moving from a 2004 WRX Wagon, my 20'05 STI fixes the few things that I would have changed about the standard WRX . Power and handling come together providing entertainment that I couldn't afford before the STI. The wing is a bit outrageous and upsets many people on the road but I'm having more fun than 99.9% of the driving public. Did I mention the power and handling.....

THE BEST CAR EVER
By eric on 12/24/04 23:42 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

this is by far the best car you can get for 30 g. it is the best when it comes to performance with 300 turbo horses and 300 ft/lb of torque. IT IS THE BEST

05 Subie STi
By Tony05STi on 12/20/04 15:32 PM (PST)

It is an incredible car with awesome performanance. It has an acceptable ride for road trips, unless that trip has some fun roads to utilize the cars ability and make the trip really enjoyable. Being a 4 door sedan with a usuable trunk make it easy to live with as an everyday vehicle. The only negative experience I've had with it so far, is it drew too much attention in a GM town and some clown there thought it would look better with a smiley face on the hood and keyed it. Anyone who is looking for a truly great automobile should consider the STi.

What a blast but...
By badgermorin on 12/19/04 02:43 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have only had my new WRX for one week and I must admit I love driving again! Seats are comfortable, wheel feels great in your hands and the power of the engine makes me smile everytime. The only issue I am having is trying to shift into reverse... not very easy. Some quick searches on other sites found that I am not the only one with this issue. Obviously I still love the car and just hope the shifting is one of those subie quirks!

Just wait until you downshift...
By johnlee on 12/15/04 05:15 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Patiently waiting until I can drive this car past 3000 RPMs. Great car, smooth acceleration, awesome handling, with very clean exterior design. This car is perfect for driving safe,and also lets the person have fun when they want to downshift and have the turbo kick in. Not driving past 3k before turbo spools, I can push it to close to 29-30 mpg. yet when your curising at 3000, downshift and the turbo pulls you forward....GREAT FUN!

Great Car
By bigaldepr on 12/14/04 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It may not be a turbo but it will walk away from everthing else but the WRX. Handles great and the suspension is stiff. Transmition is solid and precise, no floppy stick. The AWD is amazing, power on turns on slick or uneven surface, no wheel spin, just go. Seats have lots of side support. It is just a blast to drive. The production finish on the paint of any car I have ever seen. Cons: The instrument package is basic on the RS, fuel level and water temp only. The radio antenna is painted on the rear window and has a pre-amp. If you tint the rear window you loose some reception. Also if you replace the radio make sure it has a power lead for the antenna pre-amp.

5K miles and still smooth
By slinky on 11/28/04 17:11 PM (PST)

Thought I'd wait to get a few miles on it to see how time would temper my opinion. I'm still loving the performance every day I drive it, and still look for reasons to get out and drive. Even though the tires are fairly soft, they don't show much significant wear after 5K miles for a performance tire, and the car still corners as tenaciously as when first driven. Road noise is present, but not overwhelming even as the tires have aged. Personally, I like the wing and think it's part of the car's character (hot wheels full sized toy). Only thing I don't like is how it creates a blind spot if looking over the shoulder. This is a drivers car.

I am in love with this car
By johncarl on 11/25/04 01:15 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been a huge fan of the 2000 impreza RS and was very disapointed with the re-designed exterior in 2002. Now, I have to say, I like the 2005 styling even more than both (even without the hood scoop). Not to mention that this car handles like its riding on rails and has plenty of power. This car is my first brand new car and I am a total subaru fanatic now. Also, this is one of the most inexpensive cars subaru makes. It was less expensive than some used 2002 WRXs and only a couple thousand more than a used 2001 RS I was looking at. Overall, I have fallen in love with this car and look forward to driving it everyday.