Used 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

2005 STi
By bob wilson

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome car! Definitely the best performance for anything under $50k. Can match or beat most cars of any price range in any type of performance. It drives and handles amazingly. The AWD truly puts the 300 hp to the streets. Awesome turbo power through the full spectrum of rpm's. Its aggressive exterior is eye catching and turns plenty of heads. Its boy-racer style aggressive looks truly inspired me. It truly is an amazingly awesome sport compact car.

Favorite Features

-turbo -look/style -AWD/handling -sound/ truly unique and aggressive -adjustable center differential -being able to launch at 5500 rpm's!

So worth the money
By Graham the Man

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I went from a 2003 Jeep Wrangler V6 with 6 inches of lift ... got tired of it (gas mileage and speed). I wanted another fun car to replace it. Needed AWD and wanted a turbo. STI is the perfect choice. Total sleeper too, everyone that is ignorant totally underestimates the sickly speed and acceleration. All cars should bow down to the STI ( I hate the import craze, that is, taking a cheap car and investing money into it that you will never recoup. This car is FAST stock and you don't need to add stupid aftermarket stuff).

Favorite Features

Of course the 300 HP, brakes, 6 speed, blue on gold rims (HOT), AWD, FAST 4-door car.

Suggested Improvements

Optional tires (all weather tires). Smaller wing (spoiler). Of course, more HP.

Good Time!
By Jonathan Haynes

The car has been great. My only negative is the OEM tires. The tires have not held up as well as I would have hoped for. I can only go on them for another 5000 miles before I will have to purchase new ones. Besides that the car is a great time. It will toss you back in your seat under hard acceleration and stops on a dime. Overall the car is amazing!

Favorite Features

300 bhp, aggressive body style.

Suggested Improvements

Better tire selection.

M3? why?
By James

Three months ago, on my way to BMW dealer to trade in my mint '93 Supra Twin Turbo for an M3, I had a kid in some big winged creature badged STi. Yes, it was faster than my stock Supra, and I had the embarrassing pleasure to see the rear badge. I took an early exit ramp to the Subaru dealer, drove the STi, wiped the drool off of my face at the signing table, and bought it. 3 months later, I still drool after I drive it to and back from work. Let's see (comparing M3); 4 doors to 2. All wheel drive to rear wheel drive. (I live where it snows), handles almost as good and wait, $30,000 less? Bottom line: I bought a faster, more fun, more practical car and i didn't have to trade in the Supra.

Favorite Features

Rev up the motor to 6000 RPM and drop the clutch. This is what taking off of a USS Enterprise in an F-14 Tomcat must feel like.

Suggested Improvements

Make the rear wing smaller, or bigger, like the Supra, so i won't have to see it in my rear view mirror.

'05 STi review
By BigBSTI

This car is awesome! I have a commuter car but I always want to drive my STi. It is so hard to keep the miles down because you will always want to drive it. I've taken it to autocross and drag events and out performed all new cars around the 30k price range. I don't consider myself an awesome driver but behind the wheel of this car you sure feel like it!

Favorite Features

BREMBOS, 2.5 motor produces TONS of torque, interior color and layout is great, awesome suspension; this car has everything.

Suggested Improvements

When you bring this car home make an appointment to install an exhaust system (with high flow cat); this will give you +50 wheel horse power plus the car will be much happier.