Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Best sports car for the money
By 05 WRX Wagon

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the second WRX that I have owned. It has been driven in heavy snow and rain w/ original tires and has never let me down.

Favorite Features

The performance of this vehicle is unmatched in it's price range. Some nice upgrades for '05 models include climate control and nicer materials inside.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could be quieter and a smoother shifter 5 speed.

An Excellent Value
By ScoobieDoobie

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have ~5000 miles on Scoobie and it is a fine car so far. My wife wanted a wagon and I wanted a Mustang GT - a good compromise? I think so. Decent performance but this car is rough around the edges - the ride is firm, mechanical clatter and road noise are always present. Scoobie's economy car roots show through at times.

Favorite Features

The grip this car has is simply amazing, play with the tire pressures and you can dial out nearly all of the understeer. The price is excellent - I paid ~$23k.

Suggested Improvements

My motor does not pull smoothly - feels like an occasional miss. Why is there no keyhole in the hatch? The stereo isn't great, my CD changer had to be replaced at ~200 miles. The seating position is more minivan than sports car.

STi
By byron

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I really love this car. The styling of the car is awesome. Though it may not be the fastest car out there it will really impress you.

Favorite Features

The interior is great to look at. I love the body line of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps better seats and for long drives.

The poor man's supercar
By Steve

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car drives like it is on rails, and has almost limitless power. The torque is amazing compared to my old 99 Honda Civic Si. The STi is an amazing machine. I am still in awe. People look at me like I'm a rock star.

Favorite Features

Power & handling.

Suggested Improvements

Subaru paint is bad.

My 2.5RS w/ sport package
By JEFF CHEN

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my white 2.5RS in March 2005. I love it. I drive it everyday. It is a practical car. I'm still breaking in my engine and shift up before 4k rpm. The engine sounds great even under 4k RPM, the ride is smooth, and the handling is responsive. However, the launch from zero of this car seems to be soft ( I guess it is due to AWD torque distribution), and the braking is soft too. The braking is acceptable but NO where near impressive. I may upgrade the brake in the future. You don't get WRX or STI from this one, but you got an Impreza, too. I'd proudly recommend this great car.

Favorite Features

AWD, manual, sport package interior, fuel economy (non-turbo advantage), Impreza image, practical, daily driving car, rear spoiler, boxer engine.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs More raw power (non-turbo). Brakes needed to be upgraded. A MP3 compatible 6-CD player. Suggestion: Give me the supercharged version!