Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Most Fun Compact Car with AWD!
By David

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Impreza 2.5 RS Sports Wagon for just over a month. It's exactly what I'm looking for -- compact size, reasonable power, and lots of cargo space. I've had two other compact cars (Dodge Neon and Ford Focus) and the Impreza is the best by far. The front seats are excellent for everyday driving, they are very supportive and controls are exactly where they should be. Passing power is great in city, I can change lanes with ease. One thing that I'm uncertain about the Impreza are the frameless doors, although they feel sporty, but might increase wind noise in a couple years ?

Superior Handling. Good fuel economy. Confidence on extreme road conditions. Good resale value.

More legroom in back. Can't wait for the new redesigned Impreza.

Nice toy car!
By Rexmaster

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I only had this car for 4 days and must say I really enjoy driving this car! Handling is superb for a stock suspension. Nice alternative for the pricey STi.

Symmetric All Wheel Drive. Excellent suspension.

One touch up/down for all windows and moonroof. Leather seats and fold down rear seats. 6-speed with close gear ratio. HID.

true
By rarevos

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Thin sheetmetal, thin paint, notchy shifter, easily customized, fantastic performance, great utility. No other car comes close at this price; nice interior for class. Great seats. Wish the wagon had a sunroof.

Speed, handling, utility, 4WD, interior.

Sunroof, better exterior styling (but without the $3,000+ premium like the Saab).

Charles Atlas
By The Rush

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the Charles Atlas of Automobiles There are few automobiles that can outperform this small car. And I have as yet to find one. Everyone should try this one before they spend more money for a name.

Accelerator, wild looks.

I honestly cant think of any and this is after 50 years of driving cars. OK, more horsepower -- once you drive it, it makes you a power junkie.

What a fun ride
By Richard D Black

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I finally decided to buy my first new car, I knew there was only one choice; a Subaru. I was debating an Outback 2.5i, but didn't want that high of a payment each month, so I went with the reliable Impreza Wagon. I cannot complain. This thing rides like a top. It was a great improvement over my last car and I play to drive this for hundreds of thousands of miles, as most Subarus will run forever. I really wish that the factory accessories didn't cost so much.

AWD.