Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

true
By rarevos

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Thin sheetmetal, thin paint, notchy shifter, easily customized, fantastic performance, great utility. No other car comes close at this price; nice interior for class. Great seats. Wish the wagon had a sunroof.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, utility, 4WD, interior.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof, better exterior styling (but without the $3,000+ premium like the Saab).

Charles Atlas
By The Rush

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the Charles Atlas of Automobiles There are few automobiles that can outperform this small car. And I have as yet to find one. Everyone should try this one before they spend more money for a name.

Favorite Features

Accelerator, wild looks.

Suggested Improvements

I honestly cant think of any and this is after 50 years of driving cars. OK, more horsepower -- once you drive it, it makes you a power junkie.

What a fun ride
By Richard D Black

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I finally decided to buy my first new car, I knew there was only one choice; a Subaru. I was debating an Outback 2.5i, but didn't want that high of a payment each month, so I went with the reliable Impreza Wagon. I cannot complain. This thing rides like a top. It was a great improvement over my last car and I play to drive this for hundreds of thousands of miles, as most Subarus will run forever. I really wish that the factory accessories didn't cost so much.

Favorite Features

AWD.

Fast, awesome handling, great braking
By NavyGuy

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing, purchased one over an EVO and haven't looked back. The car is amazing on the straight aways and truly shines in the corners. Nothing compares.

Favorite Features

300hp, AWD, comfortable but hugging seats, VROOM VROOM!

Suggested Improvements

Body styling has some yet to be desired.

My 2004 Subar WRX STI
By zeroGsti

I love this car! I own a little '92 Honda Civic HB and I tell myself that I'm going to drive the Civic to work for commuting but I can't resist driving the WRX because it's so much fun. If you like fast cars like me you'll love this car. Before making any judgments on this car I suggest you go to your nearest Subaru dealership to test drive it to see for yourself. After that the price doesn't seem so bad.

Favorite Features

The fact that its all wheel drive, 300hp & 300ft.lbs torque says it all!

Suggested Improvements

The suspension is kind of rough and there's some understeer.