2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Subaru can't fix it?
By boangenese on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I want to believe the car is well built and reliable, but sometimes it doesn't start, it just turns over and shakes the entire vehicle - then it starts. Subaru can't duplicate it, can't fix it, so I don't know what to think about them now. I've got 13,000 miles on it already.

shot marks
By dave leatherman on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car thinking "this is it!". I admit it is a fun and fast car. But I've found it had a lot of little problems. The steering isn't always there to help you with agressive turns, shifting can be missed when pushed a bit more agressively and it is already showing signs of wear... which makes me wander how reliable it will be as years pile up. My friend bought and Evolution, I recently got a chance to drive it... and inmediately I realized my mistake. The Evo is much more refined in all aspects and has a better steering feel. I think my WRX is a great car, but I think the EVO will always be more refined... even when the 290Hp STi comes out.

2002 WRX Sedan
By Sox on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Truly an amazing car. Handles like a dream in snow, ice and rain. Turns heads like nobody's business. A great, reliable, quick, funtional car. You can take this to the track and then on a roadtrip and not have to change a thing. Trunk is huge. I've actually fit 3 people in the back for a 3-hour trip.

I love my TS
By DJ88 on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

fun to drive, great acceleration, awesome grip and break response (drove it on snow) classic Subaru feel and sound I will buy a WRX Subaru Wagon in a few years when my baby girl inherits this one

awesome
By bassduderob on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

great car. i really like the turbo and the handling of the car. I would pass on the yellow though.

Can't beat the thrills for the price.
By sliverWRX on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car flat out flies. There is not another car on the market that produces this much fun for the price. Step up to a Mustang GT and teach him a lesson. Some say the EVO destroys this car but I bought my 2003 WRX for $23,700 out the door. I'd like to see you buy an EVO for under $30,000. This can be sensible if you want but can crush most other cars when want also.

Dodge Ram 4x4 to WRX!!!
By ram11213 on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a switch!! All I have ever driven has been a full size truck. My last was a Ram. I feel like I'm driving a Go-Cart!! I love it! I think the car has awesome bold styling and nice headlights. It is an absolute blast to drive. Its like having a toy and a commuter car all in one. The WRX is so versatile, sports car or hauler!

I like this car,,wayyyyyy to much
By svopilot on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think the bug-eyed look is cool, I took a 700 mile road trip two weeks ago and it ran like a champ. Seating is comfortable and I like the engine sound from a boxer engine.

Great alternative to SUV
By mgraze on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a new 2002 Outback Sport but the 2003 and 2002 are identical. I really love this car so far. I only have 600 miles on it but enjoy the ride quality, handling, interior layout and the power of the extremely smooth flat 4 engine. I was actually shopping it against the Honda CR-V LX. While the Honda is a fantastic vehicle (much better and less expensive than the Forester) I got such a great deal on last years model OBS that I couldn't pass it up. The only things I gave up were rear disk brakes and some interior room.

Very fast
By vifly on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is amazing. I considered the Altima and Jetta, but neither is as fast, fun, or safe (awd) to drive as my WRX. Also, the attention you get is pretty cool. WRX drivers always wave, as do other drivers. . . .its kind of like Bugmania except the car isn't feminine.