2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Serious review from real owner
By jazawash on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have 7000 miles on my WRX wagon.I read all I could on this vehicle for about 6 months and test drove it 4 times before purchasing.Having driven everything from Acuras,Hondas,Mustangs,other Subarus and a Porsche 928.I will say this is the best all around handling, performance car I have driven.For under 25,000, a steal.In weather no comparison,unless you purchase an Audi,BMW or Volvo.Car is a blast to drive,and with mods,0-60 low 4's and 1/4 mile in 13's.Super car territory.

some flaws, but great
By wrxtarheel on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had been drooling over a WRX since seeing them in WRC and British car mags like CAR or EVO, and was highly anticipating their advent into the US market. I've had one for 6 months and 8000 miles now. The engine is lethargic up to 3000 rpms, but then pushes the power to the wheels from that point up. Driving part-throttle is fine above 2500 rpms, but there's still that lag. Love the car in town, but find it a bit twitchy at highway speeds of 70 and up. Body is solid, with some body roll, but not bad. MPG Is not what it could be--I average about 22 in town, but 29 highway. Power can be helped with muffler or aftermarket items.

Awesome
By kevykev on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

There is no other car like it. Best bang for the buck and it looks too sweet. I have had no major problems with the car.

If you know why, you got it.
By TieRaid on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Never have I felt more at home in an automobile. The cabin has taken a lot of critisism for it's lack of "quality". This fails to take into account that everything is in the right place, and that the driver is not looking at the interior. I feel that everything is right. Even the coin drawer. It took me 10 minutes to find it, with the manual. I expected it to be in the center. It isn't. It is perfectly placed to the left hand. Why have to fish for change, transfer hands etc? The gearbox is good, the steering positive.

When you get it. You get it
By Caution WRX on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car will eat a Mustang GT for breakfast, a porche boxer for dinner, and have a squad car for dessert. This is off the showroom floor

Great Ride
By cuda on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I'm 28 and bought my WRX in Oct. 2003- been very pleased with my purchase. I would label this car a "driver's car." You get the feel and handleing of a sports car--the AWD of an SUV (but with a little better gas mileage)--and the convience of a four-door vehichle. It comes with alot of standards. Everyone has heard about the turbo lag--it is present. It is just a different driving expereince that takes a little to get use to. Overall, a FUN eye-catcher that looks mean sitting still.

hfgh
By Tyler on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

this cr is very nice it is also very fast nice car and fun to drive

hfgh
By tyler on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

this cr is very nice it is also very fast nice car and fun to drive

world rally xperiment
By vishnu stage 0 on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this car is awesome, i can feel like 90% cars around is SLOW. can beat any car stock! and don't forget about the beauty of AWD. great at cornering, bad weather and SNOW! it's a fun car to drive. don't say you don't like it until you drive it. dare to try to turbo? and by the way, there is a morron saying that WRX eats too gasoline for such a small engine, and i would say .... "duhhh!!!! this is a turbocharged engine you dumb dumb."

TS Wagon awesome
By Jose Merino on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great to handle, AWD is outstanding, awesome grip on turns, excellent power and acceleration, terrific power steering... fun to drive