Used 2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Subaru can't fix it?
By boangenese

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I want to believe the car is well built and reliable, but sometimes it doesn't start, it just turns over and shakes the entire vehicle - then it starts. Subaru can't duplicate it, can't fix it, so I don't know what to think about them now. I've got 13,000 miles on it already.

all wheel drive

wind noise, too much - the driver's arm rest which contains electric window switches is very uncomfortable against the leg. The console on the right of the driver is also uncomfortable against the leg - I had to bring two pillows, one for each leg on my 1200 mile trip.

shot marks
By dave leatherman

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car thinking "this is it!". I admit it is a fun and fast car. But I've found it had a lot of little problems. The steering isn't always there to help you with agressive turns, shifting can be missed when pushed a bit more agressively and it is already showing signs of wear... which makes me wander how reliable it will be as years pile up. My friend bought and Evolution, I recently got a chance to drive it... and inmediately I realized my mistake. The Evo is much more refined in all aspects and has a better steering feel. I think my WRX is a great car, but I think the EVO will always be more refined... even when the 290Hp STi comes out.

Impressive acceleration and nice package overall. Rigid body.

Less engine noise: this is typical from Subaru engines, I know, but it makes you wander if those lifters and valves will hold up in time. A better defined shifter: otherwise missing gears when driving agressively is a given. More refinement overall.

2002 WRX Sedan
By Sox

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Truly an amazing car. Handles like a dream in snow, ice and rain. Turns heads like nobody's business. A great, reliable, quick, funtional car. You can take this to the track and then on a roadtrip and not have to change a thing. Trunk is huge. I've actually fit 3 people in the back for a 3-hour trip.

Boost...... Sexiness

Tires are poopoo. Transmission could be a little more sound, too.

I love my TS
By DJ88

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

fun to drive, great acceleration, awesome grip and break response (drove it on snow) classic Subaru feel and sound I will buy a WRX Subaru Wagon in a few years when my baby girl inherits this one

Looks, engine feel, sporty and sturdy feel, grip, handling, all the extras for the price (CD, ABS, Automatic locks etc,) All 100% Japanese made. 20 year Subaru tradition

gas mileage could be better remote truck release missing back seat space sucks if you are tall

awesome
By bassduderob

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

great car. i really like the turbo and the handling of the car. I would pass on the yellow though.

all of them