2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2011 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

2.5X Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Hate this car - complete lack of power
By jenn_outdoors on 01/05/11 09:53 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Paid $27k, 6mo later I wanted out of this car due to complete lack of power when I would go up into the mountains. CarMax & Toyota only offered me $19k, so I went to Subaru since they offer a "Guaranteed Trade In Program", however they also only valued the car at $19k. Unfortunately now I'm stuck in a car that I hate, and I will have to look into renting a more reliable car when I want to go up into the mountains. Will NEVER make the mistake of buying a Subaru again:-(

Exactly what I'm looking for
By driver_365 on 12/30/10 17:21 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've put 450 miles on this lovely 2.5X ltd. Everything looks great so far! Nimble handling. Nice exterior. Plenty of room. Comfortable leather seats. Blue tooth. USB port. the backup camera is a nice safety feature. What I like most is the new engine, which is a surprise. Being also a 07 outback owner, I had expected nothing more than a noisy and slow H4. But this one is totally different. The new design has made low speed acceleration quiet, smooth and effortless. Another highlight is the Yokohama tires. They work well on ice and snow. So, there's no need for snow tires. I expect many years of enjoyable and reliable ride in this car.

Very noisy engine
By olt1892 on 12/16/10 17:02 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Replaced a 10-year old Forester with a 2011 Limited. The new Forester engine is actually noiser than the old Forester I am replacing. Power is good when you are just following the traffic flow, not trying to overtake everyone. Bluetooth is a welcome feature. It is easy to pair the phone and program the speed dial. One thing is you must use voice recognition to operate the phone when the car is moving. That is, pressing the speed dial (1,2,...,6) key will not work when the car is moving. take everyone. Bluetooth is standard feature in Limited (also in Premium?)