2011 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Don't be a fool, like I was
By vladikt on 11/28/12 10:15 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It took me about 30 days to realize how uncomfortable my Forester is. I guess I was still hyped up to have a brand new car. First of all, it is not a cheap car by any means. Limited Edition is about 26k. I love the exterior and interior looks, the reliability is great as well, BUT the car is automatic transmission is EXTREMELY jerky and the suspension leaves A LOT to be desired. It literary feels as if you are riding a carriage from 18th century. It is really sad that such a beautiful car inside and out has such poor driving characteristics. The most unfortunate thing is that Subaru RUINED Forester 2014, it looks hideous, just as ugly as Impreza. HIDEOUS, how could then destroy such beautifu

After One Year
By downsouth1 on 02/04/12 05:56 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2011 Subaru Forester Limited for one year now. Here are the facts: Fun to drive Good gas mileage (getting around 22 in town and 28 on highway if not loaded down). My wife has the 2011 outback and gets even better mileage but it has the CVT transmission instead of the Foresters 4 speed transmission. Waiting for Subaur to change the transmission in the Forester. Rating: Consumer Reports (which I trust) rates the vehicle very high and is one of the reasons I purchased the Forester. The other influencing factor was the AWD. Ride: I found the ride to be good and I am satisfied with it. Quality: The interior's materials and the exterior's metal not so good.

Terrific Small SUV
By pf03bob on 12/16/11 18:55 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great design. Spacious cabin. Terrific handling and visibility. Good gas mileage, average 23 mpg around town. Seats ok for daily driving but need more support when driving long distances. Ground clearance and 4 wheel drive provide added safety in heavy down pours. Haven't driven in snow. Subaru engineers did a great job designing a practical vehicle at a reasonable price.

Bad Fuel Economy (19 MPG)
By bandiao11 on 12/15/11 18:36 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Generally OK, but bad fuel economy (average 19 MPG, mostly high way miles), manual claim 91 octane GAS, but Subaru website says 87 octane. All the instruments will be in red color during night while driving. Can not open trunk without remote. Inspection need to be handled specifically.

A Great Performance Bargain
By vincenzo18 on 07/07/11 22:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Subaru Forester has been a fantastic car. This car is very quick and can do a 0-60 sprint in just 7.5 seconds. The steering is very responsive, well waited, and stays absolutely flat during cornering. There is no need to get a reversing camera with this car because its got excellent visibility. If you decide to go with the Turbo you have an extreme need for speed, because the non-turbo is faster than most 6 cylinders. This car is a on road performer but does not disappoint in snow or ice. This car might not be the best cargo carrier, but if your looking for a wagon that's really fast and performance oriented there is no other car that will do it better.

Great purchase
By nolabeck on 06/08/11 08:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have been looking at smaller SUV for the past two years. This one has one of the highest ratings, so it was the first one I went to test drive. After driving the Forester I didn't even bother to go test drive the CRV or the RAV4. It drove well, very comfortable, and bottom line it was love at first drive! Looking forward to driving my Forester for many years.

Don't buy this car with automatic transmission
By vladikt on 06/04/11 16:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am extremely disappointed with the ride quality. I've owed my 2011 Forester for 5 months now and I could never get use to the disgusting clunky transmission. It is unbelievable how in 2011 Subaru still can't supply a nice smooth transmission. Before this Forester I owned Impreza with manual 5 speed and I could shift smoother than Forester with Automatic. Its a joke, it down shifts when it doesn't have to and upshifts when it shouldn't. Like right before the full stop, all of the sudden it upshifts and it feels like it skids. Completely retarded! I was all hyped up when I test drove the car and everything felt perfect.

A great Value but by no means perfect. . .
By kghofsf on 04/04/11 13:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I recently bought a Pearl Blue 2.5X Limited Forester. I was looking for a smaller Crossover that was rugged enough to handle some relatively sketchy gravel / dirt roads on the way to the back-country, but was not completely out of place in an Urban environment. I also didn't want to spend 40K+ either. After returning from a 2500 mile road trip to the Tucson AZ area I can confirm that the Forester essentially fulfills its twin goals of being both tough enough for the desert and civilized enough for everyday driving. It is Not, however, a luxury car (see the Volvo XC60) nor is it a Performance car. As such people with long daily commutes might want to look elsewhere.

2011 Subaru Forester Limited
By downsouth1 on 03/12/11 13:33 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased the 2011 Subaru Forester Limited. All Wheel Drive was a compelling feature for me and the fact that it is highly rated in Consumers Report. Number one small SUV. Some things I would like to see improved upon: Interior fit and finish and quality of interior materials. Limited Edition should have features such as auto lights, auto locking doors, Satelite Radio instead of Satelite Ready (which cost you another $500 to buy the parts to have the radio function as a satelite radio), Gas Lid release should be on the driver's door instead of the floor of the car (making it easier to reach), transmission should updated to a CVT transmission or more than 4 gears.

great value and best in snow
By gib2011 on 01/18/11 23:17 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV especially for Harsh winters and off road driving. The 2010 /2011 Forester is easy on the eyes in my opinion. This car has the best value for money in its class. The leather interior is very nice but not luxurious. The blue tooth and Navigation work well, and the touch screen is very convenient. I really enjoy driving my Forester. The handling is better than I thought it would be. The sound system in the limited edition forester is good. I was quite impressed with the video quality of the DVD player. I watched Avitar in my Forester, and the surround sound together with the visual quality was great! I really love this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Forester Suv in VA is:

$105 per month*