2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: No Regrets Buying

2010 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

No Regrets Buying
By TJK on

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was trading in a large SUV and wanted something more car like but still have the convenience of an SUV. I test drove the CR-V and RAV4. The Toyota was still truck like, even though the Honda had a nice interior I did not like the way it handled. The Subaru was more fun to drive and I just liked how the AWD is standard. I'm surprised at how well the car drives and how smooth it is going over the highway. I am disappointed on the MPG, but much better than a giant SUV. So far I am very happy with this car. It has some small rattles, but it is also not a $50,000 car. My friend's CR-V also has rattles. I recommend this car highly.

Comfort, nice ride, the simplicity of the air and heating controls, back row seating is very roomy, lots of space in the cargo area, fun to drive, safety features, few blind spots, and of course the AWD.

A telescopic steering wheel (this is my biggest gripe), better MPG, reduced wind noise, satellite radio should be pre-installed, Bluetooth (2011 now have it), manual transmission available in all trim levels. The care would have been the ultimate if I was able to get manual in the limited trim.