2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Love it so far
By DtotheR on 06/29/10 15:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car for about two months already and love driving it. Turning radius is awesome and it handles very well. I have two large dogs and love how Subaru has a gate to keep them in the back. The overall appearance inside and out are great. Power for a 4 banger is good. Overall am very pleased with this purchase.

Good car for the money
By Cheryl on 06/26/10 11:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the outside styling of this car, and you sit up very high. Handles well on country roads, good pick up on the highway,you have to watch your speed. Have to warn you, the carpet is poor quality,almost looks like it is wearing out already, and it is brand new. I don't like the "velvet" texture of the doors, this too is hard to keep clean. Not the interior for you if you have dogs or little kids, it would drive you insane.

Perfect For Me
By PApassenger on 06/22/10 10:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drove an Audi A6 so I was used to lots of amenities. I used edmunds.com to narrow my search to 5 medium SUVs. The trend in body styles seems to be lots of body in the back with a small window...looks good from the outside but feels claustrophobic inside and isn't helpful when you're trying to back up or merge onto a highway. That put the Rogue and Tucson lower on my list. I test drove the CR-V - nice. I left the RAV 4 till last - I expected to drive it home. But when I drove the Forester, I was impressed at how comfortable and spacious it was. The RAV 4 interior looks cheap by comparison. I bought the Subaru and drove it 2000 miles so far, including a trip to Canada. I still love it.

Sounds like a Diesel
By Jimmie on 06/21/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I go out in the morning start my Forester and it sounds like a diesel! After a minute or so of warming up it quiets down to a normal sounding gas engine. It seems that over night the oil must run off the major parts and in the morning when I first start it up it sounds like a diesel! I would have to say the engine is starving for oil, possibly or the oil is not heavy enough. Took it to the dealer they say they hear nothing out of the ordinary. Also, there is a loud whine from the rear end when applying the gas. And again the dealership could not hear this either.

Interior design needs improvement
By Franklin Marra on 06/20/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driver's Seat Too Low! Test drove a manual front seat car but bought a power adjust seat. The seat does NOT go up high enough to see over the hood. In my area you need to look down at the pavement to spot potholes. I sit on a cushion to improve my view. Speedometer Stupid! The speedometer goes up to 150 mph. What are these designers idiots. The distance between 60 and 80 mph is one and a half inches. Which is the difference between getting a speeding ticket or not. Bad Spot For Tripometer. To set the tripometer you have to reach inside the steering wheel to press the reset button. When following Mapquest directions (ex. go 1.5 miles) this gets to be a problem.

They are right!
By golfcrazy on 06/15/10 11:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Consumers Report is correct in giving this vehicle high praise. I don't think this car can be beat for the money. Our other vehicle is a 2003 Honda CR-V, and this car rides much better, and it is also much quieter on the road. I checked the mileage on my first tank and received 27.5 which I consider quite good for an all wheel drive vehicle. The car is comfortable, and well thought out. Frankly I don't understand some of the negative remarks I've read about this car on this site, but if you notice most of them are on the base models. For me this thing is great.

No regrets so far.....I actully love it
By dee on 06/07/10 00:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2.5x limited edition with Navigation, satellite radio, blue tooth and leather seats. Ive only had it for 2 months now but so far its a good purchase and I have no regrets. The leather seats with navigation etc is way way better than the regular base forester. The interior looks totally different. The base model looks really cheap and boring on the inside. Get the limited edition if you are getting a forester.

Most annoying vehicle ever
By canuck on 06/06/10 21:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

after 6 months, I am wishing I had never bought this 'thing': 1 - very poor stereo 2 - dealer fixed interior rattles with duct tape and foam, I'm serious, ceiling still rattles 3 - very uncomfortable seats 4 - annoying blue interior lights 5 - poor manual gear box 6 - cheap interior, small controls 7 - no decent drink holder 8 - stupid noisy engine 9 - after turning off engine, it ticks for 10 mins when cooling, like a cheap bike, - normal apparently - maybe for subaru 10 - stupid chime when seat belt not engaged 11 - poor paint job that chips easily 12 - overall rough ride 13 - cannot open door with key if alarm activated without setting it off Buy something else

1st time Subaru owner
By nkaena on 06/06/10 01:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Always wanted a AWD car. I was impressed with the Forester and I went for it. I'm really happy with the choice.

1st Subaru!
By Sperguy on 06/03/10 13:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car a little over two months. Love the SUV-ish design. Car handles well. Very good mileage. The 5-speed manual is the way to go until they upgrade to what the Outback has for an automatic. Only negative is an overhead rattle. Being a pick-up driver for 25+ years, I was ready for some rattling, but this one IS ANNOYING. I'm currently working with the dealership to solve it. Waiting to see what Subaru will pay for. A local body shop can fix it no problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Forester Suv in VA is:

$99 per month*