Great Buy
By ontarioman on
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
Overall, Nice vehicle. Nice handling in city and has decent power with the V6. Very fast pick up on the highway. The V6 makes a nice growl when accelerating. Handles rough pavement like a charm. Good fuel consumption for a v6. It is about the same as my 4 cylinder rav4. Very good brake feel. Very nice well laid out dash. Out of all the vehicles i tested drove, The forester xt, mazda cx-5 and the outlander GT was in the running. The forester seat was not supportive and the steering was too loose. The mazda was very good and my wife has one. I think the handling is slightly better than the outlander but the powe of the outlander cannot be beaten . The Super allweel drive system is legendary.
Favorite Features
The engine, multi info system. Paddle shifters . The dash is simple but looks elegant. Stereo is awsome
Suggested Improvements
More storage space. A bit more sportier handling and a bit tighter steering at HYW speeds. Also, if the vehicle is a little wider it would help.
By moosemeat
on 07/01/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

Hello, does the 6-cylinder required regular or high-octane fuel? I believe it required high-octane in previous years. Thank you.

By ontarioman
on 07/07/13 18:30 PM (PDT)

NO, it is recommended. Have been using regular . I have 2000 Km. No issues with regular. The service department mention you will loose 4 HP and about 4 lb torque. Remember, this car is light 3,571 lbs so it can go. I am getting around 530 Km in mixed driving. So far, I am impress with this car. The paddle shifter is a lot of fun. I have to be careful with the speed. My rav4 used to get around 450 km with the 4 cyc engine.