2008 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Review: One Day Old

2008 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Review

i Sport Value Edition Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

One Day Old
By Suzanne on

2008 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded in my V6 Grand Am GT gas hog for a 2008 6I Sport Value Sedan. So far so good! Body styles are very similar. I like the sporty sedan style, but need ample backseat room for a carseat and passengers. I like the dash setup and there is still storage for my car clutter. My very favorite perk is the remote start, which works even from inside my office, =>100 ft away! Haven't decided whether or not I really love the VERY quiet engine (the vvrroooommm of a V6 is a beautiful thing!); the pickup is pretty good for a V4. Most of my miles are highway, so I'm looking forward to not having to visit the gas station so often. This isn't so much a 'fun' car; I'll leave that to my Jeep Wrangler!

Favorite Features

The 8-way power drivers seat, 6 CD changer, ample backseats, and ambient temp reading is great! My husband was glad to see me in a car with side bags/curtains. I love the sporty look; I wouldn't be caught in a car designed for 'soccer moms' (although this car would do very nicely for them as well!)

Suggested Improvements

Running lights. Fog lights. Automatic door locks. Jack for iPod (like the Mazda 3i). Redesign the key (way too big/heavy). Include a valet key. I know Sirius&XM are merging, but my account was already with XM--give me a choice. Sirius radio is not intuitive; the Sirius info button is hard to reach.